Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 4:12 am

2019 election results are out. Whom did we vote for

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec 2019 12:56 pm   

2019 Board of Directors Election Results

Thank you to all the owners who participated in the 2019 WorldMark Board of Directors election. The votes have been counted and the results are in.

M. Cecilia Cuevas was elected to the Members-Only seat, and Linda Hildebrant was elected to the At-Large seat. Kevin Maciulewicz was elected to the Declarant-Only seat. Linda, Cecilia, and Kevin will each serve a two-year term.

The final quorum and tabulation report by the independent tabulator Computershare showed a quorum of 30.28%, with more than 27,000 WorldMark owners participating in this year's election.

The election results, as certified by Computershare, are as follows:

Candidates Total Votes
Members-Only Director
M. Cecilia Cuevas 209,486
Jon Gentile 58,625
Betsy Robinson 33,844
At-Large Director
Linda Hildebrant 110,245

PostPosted: Wed 11 Dec 2019 9:08 am   

Sorry I am not up to date but who did we, wmowners, vote for?

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 2:39 pm   

Hello WMowners,

Many of us gave our proxy to you to vote, I assume so did Chavarlison. It would be nice if you answered her/his question so we all could know.

3 days and no response. May not give my proxie to you next year, that way I will know who I voted for.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 4:59 pm   

I'm sorry but I have to agree with D2EM. There have been numerous inquiries both before and since the election regarding the distribution of WMowners support and none have received a direct answer. I too am considering withdrawing my "blank" proxy assignment if this is indicative of the future. A simple question of "where" only requires a simple answer of "here", it should not remain still unanswered months after the fact.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 7:56 pm   

Agreed

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 8:08 pm   

I apologize for my tardiness in posting. My family and my office staff all have been sick for several days since the news of the election results came out. We have been hit hard in our area with whatever virus was going around.

Matt and I attended the meeting in Vegas. After interviewing on the telephone prior to the meeting both Betsy and Jon, we also spent some time with the candidates at the meeting.

We ended up casting all unassigned proxies to Jon. We felt he had a better grasp of the issues. It was a difficult decision, but our conversations helped. That is the reason we didn't say who we were voting for prior. We felt had to meet them after reading all the election materials and even after the phone conversations.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 8:18 pm   

Hey 2old2growup, are you sorry because you have to agree with me or are you sorry because of the situation and agree with my concern?? Only joking..... you are sorry because of the situation... right?

Oh gosh now i am paranoid.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 8:27 pm   

crystalpokorny wrote:
I apologize for my tardiness in posting. My family and my office staff all have been sick for several days since the news of the election results came out. We have been hit hard in our area with whatever virus was going around.

Matt and I attended the meeting in Vegas. After interviewing on the telephone prior to the meeting both Betsy and Jon, we also spent some time with the candidates at the meeting.

We ended up casting all unassigned proxies to Jon. We felt he had a better grasp of the issues. It was a difficult decision, but our conversations helped. That is the reason we didn't say who we were voting for prior. We felt had to meet them after reading all the election materials and even after the phone conversations.

Who all is included in the "we" you are talking about?

How many proxies and total votes were given to WMowners for this election?

Thanks, to everyone who makes this forum run is greatly appreciated by me.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2019 8:51 pm   

"We" is WM Owners, Inc., the organization, with two of our officers (Matt and I, as I stated prior) in attendance. We cast 100% of unassigned proxies. I can find the number I had at the meeting, but it changes slightly even from that day's tabulation because of last minute changes people make.

I was glad to be there and hear the speeches live as well prior to voting. I still would prefer if they could arrange for us to hear the speeches online prior to the deadline for voting instead of the official online voting ending the day prior for those not in attendance.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:11 am   

D2EM wrote:
Hey 2old2growup, are you sorry because you have to agree with me or are you sorry because of the situation and agree with my concern?? Only joking..... you are sorry because of the situation... right?

Oh gosh now i am paranoid.

Oooooohkaaaaay...... Just for the record, it WAS because of the situation. I’ve grown quite accustomed to being disappointed by Wyndham but to find myself beginning to doubt WMowners was a bit deflating.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:46 am   

This election was the most pathetic attempt by WMowners to communicate with it's members of what their plans were for what turned out to be our blind faith handover of our votes.

It feels as if the original mission of WMowners is dead.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:54 am   

All owners need to realize that wmowners Inc. is an all volunteer
lead group. All help is welcomed.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:05 pm   

jimbany wrote:
All owners need to realize that wmowners Inc. is an all volunteer
lead group. All help is welcomed.

Exactly. I, for one, appreciate the VOLUNTEERS, who took their time to attend the meeting, research and interview the candidates. The VOLUNTEERS, who took their responsibility to vote for others seriously and took their time to make a good decision. Expecting the VOLUNTEERS, to drop everything and act as if they are employees is unrealistic and unreasonable.

To those complaining: if you don't like how the VOLUNTEERS do the job, feel free to step up and volunteer your time to do the job. If not willing to volunteer your time, then stop your bitchin'.

As you may be able to tell, one of my big pet peeves is people who take full advantage of other's willingness to volunteer, without appreciating the time and effort it takes.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:17 pm   

Thank you Sue. You are spot on!!!!

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019 10:25 am   

I am aware of and appreciate the volunteers.
I believe and trust the volunteers that took the time to attend the meeting, research and interview the candidates would make the best decision, that's why I assigned my votes here.
However, for months several owners have asked who their votes are going to without any reply. I think it's a legitimate "bitch" to wonder what the heck is going on with my vote. It can't be that difficult to post an update or two of what the plans were with the votes.