Register
It is currently Wed 27 Jan 2021 9:28 pm

Using II/RCI reservation to get elite Marriott/Hilton Status

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov 2020 6:43 am   

Good morning fellow WMowners.

Have any of you used II or RCI reservations at Marriott or Hilton resorts to get elite status? Just curious if Marriott and Hilton treat the 7-night stays via RCI or II the same as regular stays booked through their website.

Our plan is to start spending 4-6 months a year in flexchange resorts throughout the US (mainly Orlando) and it would be nice if we could count on the Hilton Diamond and Marriott Titanium perks and upgrades.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov 2020 12:52 pm   

for II, I have with Marriott, since I have a Marriot Bonvoy AMEX card, and of course just a regular Bonvoy number would work even without a cc, I get a 7-day bump in my nights stayed with an exchange, but no points except if I buy something with the card while there.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov 2020 4:11 pm   

I previously asked Hilton owners, but they said there were no benefits allocated for staying in HGVC resorts.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov 2020 4:33 pm   

Thanks. I’ll be in Vegas at an II Marriott next week and I’ll let you know if the nights are credited to my Bonvoy account.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov 2020 5:18 pm   

Hilton Diamond can be obtained easily using the Aspire card. It's not very valuable for staying at hotels within the US.

Marriott status is valuable and one can definitely get the elite nights when staying at a Marriott timeshare.

If you plan to use Marriott/Hilton points outside of the US, particularly in Asia then status can be valuable. I have not received any noteworthy benefits when traveling in the US/EU. When staying in Asia, I just have my freinds with top tier status with Hyatt/Marriott/IHG book me a stay using their points.

PostPosted: Sun 06 Dec 2020 11:47 am   

turner_chris wrote:
Good morning fellow WMowners.

Have any of you used II or RCI reservations at Marriott or Hilton resorts to get elite status? Just curious if Marriott and Hilton treat the 7-night stays via RCI or II the same as regular stays booked through their website.

Yes, but you have to spend money and bill it to your folio. First you make sure that the Marriott reservation number, not the II one, is linked to your Marriott Rewards (Bonvoy) account. Typically Marriott has a Make a Wish Foundation donation drive. I donate $1 and bill it to my room. Anything billed to your room counts like parking, taxes, bottled water, whatever. It's the payment that activates the tracking. I have used guest certificates and ask my friends to buy something and put it on the account, after I linked the reservation and I get still get credit. You can link your rewards account on the Marriott website or at check in.

While you could get credit without buying something, but it is not guaranteed. You call Marriott Rewards after your stay, give them the Marriott reservation, but sometimes they can't find it. This happened to me once. Luckily I was staying at the same resort again, so I ask them to look up the stay and notify Marriott Rewards.

While you can build up your 50 nights, or more, for elite status, you do not get any points or does your elite status count for anything on the timeshare side.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec 2020 10:14 am   

Thanks everyone. I have gone through an entered my 3 different says at various Marriott (via Interval) stays and they have all been added to my Bonvoy account, so, I guess it works. Not sure if you get any of the benefits of Gold, etc, levels, but we'll see next year when we do 2-3 months at various Marriott resorts.

Thanks.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon 14 Dec 2020 4:32 pm   

When you log into your Bonvoy account, the webpage will show you what level you are. After your first stay, you will see the nights recorded and how far you need to get to the next level. Here is a link to the benefits: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi 50 nights is when it starts getting good. 21 nights doesn't get you much.

turner_chris wrote:
Thanks everyone. I have gone through an entered my 3 different says at various Marriott (via Interval) stays and they have all been added to my Bonvoy account, so, I guess it works. Not sure if you get any of the benefits of Gold, etc, levels, but we'll see next year when we do 2-3 months at various Marriott resorts.

Thanks.
Chris

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar