Register
It is currently Wed 12 Aug 2020 3:52 am

Four Seasons Aviara

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jul 2020 11:57 am   

We returned from Four Seasons Aviara, Carlsbad, California yesterday. They had moved the check-in process to a table outside their lobby. Only the associate went back and forth to the real check-in area where the computers were. We were offered bottled waters and masks if we wanted.

We had a lovely time. Guests are currently required to wear masks to/from the pool facility, but not while in the pool, or while laying on the lounge chairs. The pool attendant sets up the lounge chairs, by putting a terry cloth cover over the lounge cushion, and bringing cold bottled water, sunscreen, and aloe to guests. We used the fitness center at the Summits once, but the Gov closed the gyms down again, so they were closed the rest of the week.

We walked along the Batiquitos Lagoon Trail that is across the street from the resort’s southern exit. We also walked along D Street Beach and Moonlight Beach. We also drove to Hotel del Coronado and walked along the beach next in that area. In all cases, the beaches were very clean.

For breakfast/brunch, we recommend The Naked Café in Encinitas – on previous visits we enjoyed the one in Carlsbad Village, but learned from our niece that the Encinitas location had just created a nice patio dining area behind their building. It was very tranquil.

We also enjoyed Mediterranean food (chicken and meat kabobs, rice pilaf, basmati rice, Greek salad and Caesar salad) from Panini Kabob Grill in the Bressi Ranch area of Carlsbad.

We had hamburgers at the Shake Shack at the new One Paseo shopping center in Del Mar Heights.

The ocean water was 72 degrees. We went in on our last day. We’ll have to keep looking for a beach that has some shade, or come prepared with umbrella or tent next time

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul 2020 6:19 pm   

Thank you for the update. Our family will be staying at FS Aviara next month and we're looking forward to it. Such a beautiful place. Who knows what will be open by then, but we are sure to have a good time regardless. Looking forward to trying out some of your recommendations!

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul 2020 6:29 pm   

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope I can exchange into this resort during fall or spring sometime. I know summer is tough unless there is a pandemic.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul 2020 8:45 am   

We did have a wonderful time. Once we got out exploring the beaches, which we had never done on previous (Off-season) trips, we really enjoyed ourselves. And I do realize how lucky we were to have stayed there during a prime summer week. \:D/

We went to the beaches on weekdays, and they were busy, but not crowded. There was lots of space between groups. Other than on the beaches, everywhere we went, we saw the vast majority of people wearing masks.

The Park Hyatt Hotel, adjacent to the resort, is still completely closed. We saw a few workers. It was weird not to be able to walk around the hotel lobby and grounds.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul 2020 1:19 pm   

Thanks for that info, Maria. I'm sure that it felt refreshing to get out and do something in the midst of an otherwise stay-at-home situation.

Was it your sense that the resort was mostly full... or did there appear to be a capacity control?

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jul 2020 6:46 pm   

I didn’t ask but we always found parking right in front of our unit. There weren’t many people at the pool the 3 times we went.
My friend goes this Sat. I’m sure she will ask, so I’ll report back.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jul 2020 8:10 am   

My friend said they told her 80% occupancy this week. Pools are open, but no the gyms.