Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:42 am

How can I sell my timeshare?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep 2020 5:17 pm   

I don't know if this is a right place to ask, but I own 7,000 credit purchased from WorldMark with Timeshare. I really want to get rid of it and be free from monthly housekeeping fee since I'm not doing well financially now and also couldn't go on a vacation for a while,so my timeshare is a total waste of money at this point. I've been looking at some websites how to be free from Timeshare, etc., but wanted to ask here also if selling to another timeshare owner is an option. Any response/advice is really appreciated. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep 2020 5:41 pm   

First of all, ignore the companies that tell you they can get you out of your timeshare. There are a lot of scammers in the timeshare business and this is the latest scam.

Worldmark has value, but that value has gone down as a result of the new fees and policies implemented. To get an idea of what your account is worth and how things work, look through the Memberships for Sale forum. WM is pretty easy to sell on your own since it doesn't have a deed. OR you can use one of the trusted brokers; check the ads and the thread in the stickies in this forum. They won't ask for any money up front, but you will be paid after the account has sold.

You say you have WM with Timeshare, but I think you meant Travelshare. That is a developer add on that does not transfer when you sell. If you aren't using it, call in and have them stop Travelshare dues. That will reduce things a bit.

Do you owe any money on this other than the yearly maintenance fees? You said you pay monthly housekeeping, but that is actually a combination of the maintenance fees and Travelshare dues. If there is also a loan to pay off, you won't be able to sell the account.

Look through the ads to get an idea of how much it will sell for or ask one of the brokers for a quote. It won't be anything near what you paid (assuming you bought from the developer). You will see some with 0 credits to use and others will have 7-14000. Some choose to strip the account first and rent those credits out. You can check the credits for rent thread to see how much those are worth. Renting credits might be a short term option to get the money to pay the maintenance fees. Renting credits is easy and can be done via a form on the worldmarktheclub site; fill it out and it only takes a couple of days. However, you will reduce the amount you can sell for by the rental value of those credits.

Good luck.
Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep 2020 6:38 pm   

Assuming it is paid off look a couple threads down. Read the part that says what should be in your Post. Don't expect more than about $2,000 & the $299 Transfer fee.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Sat 12 Sep 2020 1:30 pm   

Thank you so much for all of your reply. I had no idea how to go by, but I got some ideas now. I truly appreciate that you took your time to write.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Sep 2020 7:42 am   

Hi Jem:
Here is a list of trusted Resale Brokers. Many of them post in the Membership for Sale or Credits for Rent sections.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=45426

If you are not comfortable selling the account yourself, you may contact them for advice, and an estimate of what the account will garner.

Note: there are WAY MORE sellers than buyers, so set your price accordingly.