Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 10:32 pm

Why give my proxy to WMOwners?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10 Sep 2019 9:20 am   

I have given my proxy to WM Owners in the past few years, but I still have questions. Website page https://www.wmowners.com/webpage/index.php/services/faqs has some answers, but there is no assurance that that information is current, and additional questions remain.

My main question: Why should I give my proxy to WM Owners?

Subsidiary Questions:
1. Who decides how to cast the unspecified votes for the proxies received by WMO?
2. What special knowledge and experience do these people have to make these decisions?
3. Where can I read the voting record of WM Owners?
4. What are the names of the directors of the board of WM Owners?
5. Where is the “register of active volunteers” mentioned in the FAQ page referenced above?
6. How were the directors selected?
7. Where can I read the governing documents of the WMO?
8. In what state is WMO, Inc. incorporated?
9. Who is representing the WMO at the Worldmark meeting this year?
10. Does the board of directors of WM Owners meet regularly?
11. Where can I read the minutes of such meetings?
12. Where can I read the organizational and governing documents of WMO?

PostPosted: Tue 10 Sep 2019 11:25 am   

I believe WMOwners supported Myle Hammond in the last two election cycles. The most important function of assigning your proxy to WMO is that it ensures all assigned proxies are voted to one independent candidate. Worldmark owners who don't assign their proxies have demonstrated a pattern of spreading their votes among several different candidates making it impossible to overcome the voting power of the proxies controlled by Wyndham.

I honestly don't know who it is from WMO who actually votes the proxies. I trust that they put a lot more time into vetting the appropriate candidate than I every would.

At the end of the day, it seems like a fight not worth fighting, though. The number of proxies assigned to WMO seems to have decreased as of late. The WMO supported candidate can never overcome the voting power of the developer.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Sep 2019 12:40 pm   

Hi jrjewett:

Welcome to WMOwners.

This website has been here since 2004. Prior to that, we had another, smaller website.
This website has been a labor of love for many WorldMark Owner volunteers. We do not charge a membership fee. We have fully enjoyed our timeshare, learned to use it well, and have freely shared our knowledge with anyone who asks for help.