Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 11:17 pm

2019 Candidates

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 07 Aug 2019 12:22 pm   

Candidates: ANNOUNCED

M. CECILIA CUEVAS |LOCATION: FILLMORE, CALIFORNIA | OCCUPATION: FINANCIAL PLANNER

View Statement

• Do you have any past or present affiliation with Wyndham? If yes, please explain affiliation. No

• Do you or any members of your immediate family have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity? If yes, please explain affiliation. No

• Have you advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income? If yes, please explain. No

JON GENTILE |LOCATION:HENDERSON, NEVADA | OCCUPATION: CONSULTANT & RETIRED POLICE SERGEANT

View Statement

• Do you have any past or present affiliation with Wyndham? If yes, please explain affiliation.Yes, my wife and I have been owners for over 3 years and my wife worked in Wyndham WorldMark sales for several years.

• Do you or any members of your immediate family have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity? If yes, please explain affiliation. Yes, my wife currently works for a competitor in a similar sales capacity. I understand what my role will be with Wyndham WorldMark should I be given the chance to serve on the board and this will not impact or bias me from the duties I will be undertaking.

• Have you advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income? If yes, please explain. We have never.

LINDA HILDEBRANT|LOCATION:PHOENIX, ARIZONA | OCCUPATION:MANAGING DIRECTOR

View Statement

• Do you have any past or present affiliation with Wyndham? If yes, please explain affiliation. No

• Do you or any members of your immediate family have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity? If yes, please explain affiliation. No

• Have you advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income? If yes, please explain. Approximately 5-6 years ago I tried to sell my RCI timeshare but instead decided to keep it. I have since sold it to friends who wanted to expand their RCI ownership.

KEVIN MACIULEWICZ|LOCATION: ORLANDO, FLORIDA | OCCUPATION: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, RESORT OPERATIONS

View Statement

• Do you have any past or present affiliation with Wyndham? If yes, please explain affiliation. Yes, I am currently the Senior Vice President of Resort Operations for Wyndham Vacation Clubs, the vacation ownership arm of Wyndham Destinations.

• Do you or any members of your immediate family have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity? If yes, please explain affiliation. No, I do not have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity.

• Have you advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income? If yes, please explain. No, I have not advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income.

BETSY ROBINSON |LOCATION:TACOMA, WASHINGTON | OCCUPATION:EDUCATOR

View Statement

• Do you have any past or present affiliation with Wyndham? If yes, please explain affiliation. My only affiliation is having membership with WorldMark, The Club

• Do you or any members of your immediate family have a business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity? If yes, please explain affiliation. No, neither I nor members of my family have business affiliation with a competitor of Wyndham or any related entity.

• Have you advertised to trade, rent or sell or have traded, rented or sold a Wyndham timeshare product or WorldMark credits, vacations or housekeeping tokens for profit or to generate income? If yes, please explain. Never

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/owners ... ApDlTq3pS8

PostPosted: Mon 09 Sep 2019 3:54 pm   

Jon Gentile wrote in his candidate statement:
<<My Wyndham WorldMark experience started with my wife who sold timeshares formerly for the company. My wife enjoyed selling and also loved the resort so much we purchased to enhance our lives and our vacation experience. I have taken an interest in our ownership, followed the current board through the website, meetings, and owner updates. We have been owners since 2016.>>

PostPosted: Mon 09 Sep 2019 4:36 pm   

Question 3: Surveys show that the desires of WorldMark members change over time. On the one hand, members want new or additional amenities and technology; on the other hand, they want the Board to keep costs to a minimum. How would you balance the desire for enhancements with the need to keep costs under control?

Betsy Robinson:
[*] All members know that with each new resort opening, the number of credits will be higher than the older resorts – there is logic to this as costs have increased over the years.
[*] Many of the members have a problem with the increased cost of each credit. If they choose to increase their credits, there should be some kind of a special deal for them as they are improving their membership. I realize that incoming members get deals, but why not present members?
[*] I am still confused with the Lodging Tax/Transient Occupancy Tax that must be paid. I would like to see more transparency so everyone has a better understanding of why owners of the resorts must pay this.
[*] Defining the amenities available at all locations throughout the stay would also assist the owners regarding what is available for them.
[*] Wi-Fi is necessary also, and WorldMark, The Club seems to have a handle on this.