Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 3:54 am

2018 Elections

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep 2018 6:53 pm   

With the election coming up shortly, are WMOwners supporting this year.

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep 2018 9:52 pm   

I've gotten 3 emails from Cecelia to urge me to get my ballot in. 1 yesterday and 2 today. She must be getting sore fingers from all that keyboarding. HA! :mrgreen:

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep 2018 10:29 pm   

tquayle wrote:
I've gotten 3 emails from Cecelia to urge me to get my ballot in. 1 yesterday and 2 today. She must be getting sore fingers from all that keyboarding. HA! :mrgreen:

She just knows how important your opinion is in the WM community.

I've only received 2 - one on the 29th and then 31st. She clearly is hot for your vote. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 6:51 am   

I think it is revenge from the time Mark (ginger4737) and I harassed her about the no HK transfers policy at the annual meeting a few years ago - all we wanted was to be allowed to transfer between our own accounts. She and Slick Willie brought me over to see the manager of owner care and they invited me to take it up with him. After numerous emails and phone calls were totally ignored, I finally gave up on it! I'm still a bit annoyed at that.

By the way - the revenge thing is just joking - I'm sure she has no recollection of the matter. I love our BOD members - my faith requires me to.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 9:09 am   

tquayle wrote:
I think it is revenge from the time Mark (ginger4737) and I harassed her about the no HK transfers policy at the annual meeting a few years ago - all we wanted was to be allowed to transfer between our own accounts. She and Slick Willie brought me over to see the manager of owner care and they invited me to take it up with him. After numerous emails and phone calls were totally ignored, I finally gave up on it! I'm still a bit annoyed at that.

By the way - the revenge thing is just joking - I'm sure she has no recollection of the matter. I love our BOD members - my faith requires me to.

I love our BOD members - my faith requires me to.
Tom, your humor is great!!!!

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 9:30 am   

Back to the original question:

Please assign your Proxy to WMOwners, Inc.
No email
No phone #

Do not mark any candidates

WMOwners will support Myle Hammond with BOTH votes.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 12:26 pm   

tquayle wrote:

The other Mark is one of the biggest exploiters of that exact mechanism.

Last edited by Claude on Wed 05 Sep 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 6:57 pm   

Claude wrote:
tquayle wrote:

Mark should know why that would never happen as he shares the name with one the biggest exploiters of that exact mechanism.

I am too easily confused. There are many untold stories here.

Among them, what is the "mechanism" involved with the HK transfers?

Does this mean that the HK transfer elimination was due, at least in part, to the actions of those complaining the most about the change?

Are some members being less than transparent and have hidden agendas?

Is the HK change another one to "level the playing field" for all owners and not (just) a money grab?

If only we could look behind the curtain.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 7:28 pm   

1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
Claude wrote:
tquayle wrote:

Mark should know why that would never happen as he shares the name with one the biggest exploiters of that exact mechanism.

I am too easily confused. There are many untold stories here.

Among them, what is the "mechanism" involved with the HK transfers?

Does this mean that the HK transfer elimination was due, at least in part, to the actions of those complaining the most about the change?

Are some members being less than transparent and have hidden agendas?

Is the HK change another one to "level the playing field" for all owners and not (just) a money grab?

If only we could look behind the curtain.

I don’t mean to accuse anyone of a hidden agenda. It’s possible but not what I meant.
I believe the housekeeping rule and credit transfers was a legitimate action.
At what point do you change something rather than turn the blind eye to abuse of loopholes?
While many of the loopholes have some sort of logical backing it should be common sense to realize that at some point they will be closed and not to expecting anything but.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep 2018 9:32 pm   

Claude -

I THINK YOU MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY COMMENTARY:

After numerous emails and phone calls were totally ignored, I finally gave up on it! I'm still a bit annoyed at that.

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:35 am   

tquayle wrote:
Claude -

I THINK YOU MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY COMMENTARY:

After numerous emails and phone calls were totally ignored, I finally gave up on it! I'm still a bit annoyed at that.

I got that point and I share your frustration.

PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep 2018 6:04 pm   

Got the latest owner election communication email today and all I can say is WOW! :shock:
Usually, WYN throws in, near the top, a few pro WYN and/or BOD emails. Not this one. Maybe they didn't get any? I find that a little surprising since we have a few WYN devotees here? :-k

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2018 5:50 am   

What are "mini splits"? - William Slorah

WILLIAM SLORAH
Website & Resort Quality

Hello - We have been members since before TrendWest and we love WorldMark. It's been said that we're the only people who actually love their timeshare. That said, we still would like to see:
An android app.
Access & the ability to work with my waitlist online.
Resorts in Hawaii without air conditioning? Really?!
No offense intended, but have you ever heard of mini splits?
We'll still love worldmark - just putting in my “2 cents”
Suzanne & Bill Slorah

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2018 7:47 am   

Last chance to voice your opinion is September 20
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=49203

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2018 8:30 am   

javanite wrote:
What are "mini splits"? - William Slorah?

A mini split is a type of air conditioner. They're cheaper than true central air but more expensive than window units. Does that make sense in the context you see it?