Register
It is currently Thu 06 Aug 2020 12:01 am

Yesterday's annual meeting?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2018 7:28 pm   

Well, they will have to come up with something canny. Right now, I believe megas are buying up larger accounts. It won't bother them in the least.

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2018 7:43 pm   

herindoors wrote:
Well, they will have to come up with something canny. Right now, I believe megas are buying up larger accounts. It won't bother them in the least.

That does not sound encouraging.

Seems like they would have to invest quite a bit of money to get the extra GC and use them up quite quickly if they booked weekend getaways? You would think it would impact them some on the weekend getaways, not so much the week bookings?

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2018 7:55 pm   

allenke wrote:
herindoors wrote:

Seems like they would have to invest quite a bit of money to get the extra GC and use them up quite quickly if they booked weekend getaways? You would think it would impact them some on the weekend getaways, not so much the week bookings?

Agreed. Might have some impact there. :wink: However, it does affect family bookings.

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2018 10:54 pm   

herindoors wrote:
allenke wrote:
herindoors wrote:

Agreed. Might have some impact there. :wink: However, it does affect family bookings.

Yes, it will definitely affect family bookings. A huge downside to the GC.

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sun 11 Nov 2018 10:29 pm   

I talked to Linda H. about giving reservations to charity auctions. Was upset about having to pay

$99 to give away a reservation. She mentioned I could give a list of charities I give to and list would be

checked out. Might be able to get around fee.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov 2018 6:53 am   

ginger4737 wrote:
I talked to Linda H. about giving reservations to charity auctions. Was upset about having to pay

$99 to give away a reservation. She mentioned I could give a list of charities I give to and list would be

checked out. Might be able to get around fee.

So are they going to start working on a list of exceptions. Such as certain relatives (Mom, Dad, siblings, Aunt, Uncle, 1st cousin, etc), a List of 10 people you can only change once a year, more than 2 Owners on the account, etc.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov 2018 4:23 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
So are they going to start working on a list of exceptions. Such as certain relatives (Mom, Dad, siblings, Aunt, Uncle, 1st cousin, etc), a List of 10 people you can only change once a year, more than 2 Owners on the account, etc.

Good luck on that one!

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 20 Nov 2018 10:52 pm   

I believe the BoD names will be rwpprted soon.

Someone posted on FB that Bob Morrison will be returning.

That someone ran for the BoD too.

PostPosted: Wed 21 Nov 2018 8:09 am   

Hi Ann:

Someone brought a Bob Morrison post from 3 years ago out of mothballs on Facebook.

I searched for "election" and "2018 election results", but could not find a post on Facebook. (The words are too common.)

PostPosted: Wed 21 Nov 2018 10:44 am   

Yes...I pointed that out to him/her. He did run for the BoD this year, so thought he may have heard simwthing. He mentioned having Bob "back". Perhaps he has taken down his post and my prompt ..... that maybe he knew something? :|

PostPosted: Wed 21 Nov 2018 12:41 pm   

The election results were certified at the Nov BoD meeting. It went as you would expect.

There was no mention of Bob Morrison returning in any capacity.

The reference to Bob might be confusing some as Robert Hartsock (appointed to replace David Herrick) also goes by Bob, and was running for the BoD this year.

PostPosted: Wed 21 Nov 2018 1:46 pm   

Confusion on the part of someone welcoming Bob back on a three year old post. Bob did chime in, replying as a WM owner. Nice to see him post again.

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2018 7:32 am   

I know I won't be surprised by the election results - I was just looking to see if anything had been posted.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov 2018 9:04 pm   

herindoors wrote:
I believe the BoD names will be rwpprted soon.

Someone posted on FB that Bob Morrison will be returning.

That someone ran for the BoD too.

Bob Morrison did not run for election this year. There is no chance he could have been elected to the Board of Directors.

Another example where Voltaire was right, "Common sense is not so common."