Home page

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2018 6:26 pm   

tquayle wrote:
Claude wrote:
ecwinch wrote:

Claude -

I've been a member of a few boards myself, albeit not any Timeshare boards. The organizations that I was elected by supported the board and actually used our ideas for the good of the organization. The Worldmark board appears to me to be a toothless tiger since Wyndham is in control of "our" memberships. Our choices are "take it" or "leave it". The merits of the bevy of changes over the past few years causing a lot of comments on this board may or may not be wise but they certainly have benefited WYN while squeezing us, the members.

The bottom line is that the board doesn't even have any advisory committees or some other method to get our feedback. My understanding is that they are very antagonistic to this forum.

The way they control the elections to be sure to have their choices on the board is shameful in my opinion.

Elizabeth and I enjoy our Worldmark membership very much but are not happy with all the changes made that make it less flexible and used friendly.

Yooper tom

I agree that the flow of feedback to the board needs work.
Communication and Transparency are two big issues and I’ll continue to be an advocate for both.

PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep 2018 5:43 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
DenMar wrote:
Do you really believe that either one of them had ever stayed in a WM resort before or even after getting on the board?

Do you honestly believe this is to be accurate?

So Cecilia, and Linda both joined the Club simply to get elected to the BoD and never stayed in a resort in the years prior to becoming a BoD member?

2 points: - in the past when a Trendwest/WYN employee stepped down as a BOD member, conveniently right after an election, the newly appointed BOD member had to quickly acquire WM credits to become a board member.
- Eric, I am sure you have spent time with people wealthy enough and/or connected enough to be appointed for a board like this? Is a club with WM's reputation for budget friendliness the kind of accommodations they are used to? Snobbery is highly contagious and can cause others to forget they even know you. Just saying... :whistle:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep 2018 7:31 pm   

DenMar wrote:
ecwinch wrote:
DenMar wrote:
Do you really believe that either one of them had ever stayed in a WM resort before or even after getting on the board?

So Cecilia, and Linda both joined the Club simply to get elected to the BoD and never stayed in a resort in the years prior to becoming a BoD member?

2 points: - in the past when a Trendwest/WYN employee stepped down as a BOD member, conveniently right after an election, the newly appointed BOD member had to quickly acquire WM credits to become a board member.
- Eric, I am sure you have spent time with people wealthy enough and/or connected enough to be appointed for a board like this? Is a club with WM's reputation for budget friendliness the kind of accommodations they are used to? Snobbery is highly contagious and can cause others to forget they even know you. Just saying... :whistle:

Dennis

Your comment was about two of your fellow members (Linda, Cecilia) - not Geoff.

That is where you fly off the rails - you are conflating two different facts -- the Wyndham representative (Geoff Richards) was unlikely a WM member before he was appointed to the BoD. And that Linda and Cecilia were appointed to the BoD. Your logic essentially becomes:

Wyndham employees are not Club members until they are appointed to the BoD.
Linda and Cecilia were appointed to the BoD.
Egro Linda and Cecilia have not used their membership to stay at WM resorts.

That is some truly bizarre logic. Even for you.

Then you throw out there that they have not stayed at WM resorts because our resorts are beneath there standards. And on what basis do you suggest that Linda or Cecilia's are such snobs that WM resorts are beneath them? Do you know that they are wealthy as you imply? You really are reaching to CYA there.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2018 8:53 am   

DenMar wrote:
ecwinch wrote:
DenMar wrote:

Gosh, Dennis.

There are millionaires and millionaires. Eh? I'm worth a million, ain't I?

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2018 8:52 pm   

Eric, you can believe as you like. You can believe that Cecelia is a member of our BOD because she cares about other owners and the health of this club. Enjoy your fantasy world. :D

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2018 9:47 pm   

DenMar wrote:
Eric, you can believe as you like. You can believe that Cecelia is a member of our BOD because she cares about other owners and the health of this club. Enjoy your fantasy world. :D

Her motives for being on the BoD have nothing to do with your specious claim that she and Linda never stayed at WM resorts.

But nice try on changing the topic. You might try saying "look there is Elvis" next time before you double-down on your wild claims. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2018 1:49 pm   

You didn't disprove anything I said. Geoff was one example of proof about the typical WYN tactic and neither of us really knows weather any of the other BOD stayed at a WM before joining the board.
My point, that you completely glossed over in your mad dash to always be factually correct, is that none of the WYN approved board members gives a rats patooie about any other owner or this club. That fact is un-arguable by their repeated votes in lock-step with the developer. Of course though you will find some tiny insignificant vote from one member that had no real affect on WYN's bottom line and you will smugly present that as "evidence" that I am always wrong.
Is it just me or is it getting warmer in this cauldron? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2018 2:36 pm   

It is not getting hot in here, it just typical for the election season. So just like all the political ads I see on TV, we have to be subjected to wild and inaccurate claims that people just throw out there to drum up support for their candidate.

Just once - I would like to see a candidate actually campaign based on their ideas for improving the Club and confronting the real issues that the Club faces. A candidate who is motivated by concept of engaging with the BoD to improve the Club. Show up at some BoD meetings as many engaged members do. Present some proposals that actually do something - anything. Demonstrate that you have some good ideas.

But instead all some want to do is beat on the Wyndham is Evil drum.

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2018 3:25 pm   

Back to the original topic:
Is there anyone who has experience/technical skills to update our home page? https://wmowners.com/webpage/

If you have the skills, please help. We need you.
It would be nice to have the front page removed of any "date sensitive" items to minimize maintenance.
Front and Center should be an announcement of how to fill out the proxy.

Please assign your proxy for 3 years:
WM Owners, Inc.
phone: 920-349-6060
email: wmproxies@gmail.com