Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 11:15 pm

2018 Proxy Assignment & Ballot Recommendation.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep 2018 12:30 pm   

I have a proxy assigned to WMOwners, inc that does not expire until 6/30/2019

I will email a copy of my proxy.
Thank you

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep 2018 1:27 pm   

Thank you.
If I might suggest - it only takes a moment to reassign for 3 years - please consider doing so now.

WM Owners, Inc.
phone: 920-349-6060
email: wmproxies@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep 2018 6:06 pm   

We'll send the email from ComputerShare to wmproxies@gmail.com

Here is confirmation of proxy assignment -- even though our current proxy assignment to WMOwners, Inc. does not expire until 09/24/2019.

Date of Submission: September 29, 2018 9:36 PM EDT

Meeting Date: October 18, 2018 2:00 PM Pacific Time
Location: Meydenbauer Center, 11100 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA 98004
Record Date: August 20, 2018

Proxy Assignment:
Designated Proxy Holder: WMOwners, Inc
Designated Email Address: wmproxies@gmail.com
Designation Valid For: 3 Years
Date of Designee Execution: September 29, 2018

Your votes will be cast as follows:
Director Vote 1: No vote was cast
Director Vote 2: No vote was cast

PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep 2018 9:14 am   

Thank you nacho628!

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2018 8:05 am   

My proxy is assigned to WMO until 10/03/2019. Since I want WMO to vote as it sees fit on my behalf, there's nothing for me to do, at this point, is there?

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2018 8:11 am   

Thank you Edgar40, and Welcome to WMOwners!

If I might suggest - it only takes a moment to reassign for the next 3 years - please consider doing so now.

WM Owners, Inc.
phone: 920-349-6060
email: wmproxies@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2018 8:17 am   

Edgar40 wrote:
My proxy is assigned to WMO until 10/03/2019. Since I want WMO to vote as it sees fit on my behalf, there's nothing for me to do, at this point, is there?

Correct.

WM Owners, Inc. will cast both of your votes for Mr. Myle Hammond during the annual election.

As javanite indicates, you will need to renew your proxy designation prior to the 2019 election.

We suggest that owners renew their proxy designation every year for a 3 year period so they do not inadvertently forget.

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:30 pm   

Sending in my proxy today for 3 years assignment, been an owner since 2008 and have grown tired of all the fee increases while taking away what we once had included in our original purchases. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2018 2:30 pm   

Thank you, and Welcome Jeremie & Jeanie.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2018 3:22 pm   

jeremie/jeanie wrote:
...have grown tired of all the fee increases while taking away what we once had included in our original purchases. :evil:
Me too.

Our challenge is to get another 50,000+ owners concerned enough, or p$ssed enough, to participate in the election by assigning their proxy to WM Owners, Inc. With that amount of voting power we can elect a Board of Directors (BOD) independent of Wyndham.

We will never elect independent candidates to WorldMark's BOD if we owners continue to divide our votes among the various candidates. The only way to out-vote the developer (Wyndham) is to combine our voting power through a single proxy holder (WM Owners, Inc.)

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. DO NOT submit the ballot form. Trust that your proxy holder (WM Owners, Inc.) will vote in the best interests of owners.

At the October 18,2018 Annual Meeting WM Owners, Inc. will vote all of its undirected proxies for Mr. Myle Hammond.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2018 4:51 pm   

It never ceases to amaze me how some cannot see the forest for the trees.

When I first arrived here I was told everyone on the BoD was from Wyndham. Come to find out that Bob Morrison was on the BoD, and over the years there has almost always been one BoD member with no affiliation to Wyndham. Still not enough, need to move the goal posts back a little bit father.

Then in 2010, we got our second non-affiliated director. Still not enough.

Then in 2018, we finally attained a majority. Still not enough.

The irony here is that the four non-affiliated directors (Bob M., Cecilia, Bob H., Linda) have all shared one characteristic:
They were the highest vote-getter in the election prior to their appointment to the BoD when proxies are removed. What some would call the "popular" vote. And not the "block" voting of proxies.

And that is all this is. A proxy battle to seat the candidate that WMO chooses. And while WMO might have the best of intentions - many I share - the fact of the matter is that corporate BoD elections are based on the assumption that the strategy/long-term direction of the company is correct, and to minimize the influence of special interest groups that only represent a minority of the corporation. That is why BoD's are authorized to spend $$$ to campaign for their slate of candidates, or even to only place on the ballot their candidates (requiring other candidates to obtain the nomination of a % of the membership).

And if you view this in the correct context - and stop thinking of this as a public office election - you will realize that the BoD would be violating their fiduciary responsibilities if they selected any candidate that advocates the unilateral alteration of the unique business relationship between the Club and the developer. A model that any objective person would see has well served the Club for the past 28+ years.

So Gary - as much as I understand your perspective - 25% is unlikely to achieve what you desire. BoD's are by design self-perpetuating, and the % to change the course is much higher than 25%.

Bottom line IMHO:

Drop the proxy battle and cultivate a candidate that does not run on the Wyndham is evil platform. Myle may have been that candidate, but cannot take back his anti-BoD/Wyndham statements. Then when the next BoD seat opens up, I think you will find that your candidate is appointed to the BoD. I could be wrong, but you certainly will fare no worse than you have the last 12 years. And you might even be surpised.

And to those who feel the need to hammer out a hasty rebuttal, take a minute and think about the substance of what I have posted. I might be off on some of the fine points, but I think it is more right than not.

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2018 1:46 pm   

Just filled out my proxy assignment to WMOwners. As directed in the pinned post at the top of this topic, I did not include a phone #. Is that why I get this message?

Also, for future reference, I'd assigned a 3 year proxy, which is valid to 2020. So....do I need to "participate" in this election at all? Want to make sure WMOwners knows they have our proxy, so assigned again, with the WMProxies email included...

THANKS
bmr

Attachments:
Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 2.40.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 2.40.05 PM.png [ 19.93 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]

Arrow Point (1) ~ Birch Bay (1) ~ Camlin (1) ~ Canmore (1)~Depoe Bay (1) ~ Discovery Bay (1) ~ Eagle Crest (1) ~ Gleneden (2) ~ Kapaa Shore (1) ~ Lake Chelan Shores (1) ~ Leavenworth (4) ~Long Beach (5)~ Mariner Village/Ocean Shores (1) ~ McCall (1) ~ Seaside (1) ~ Victoria (2) ~ W Yellowstone (1)
 PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct 2018 3:29 pm   

Thank you, Brenda.

That message makes many people think they made a mistake.

Your proxy will be assigned if you pressed OK.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct 2018 3:49 pm   

Thanks....Kind of what I figured.
Assigned!

All the discussion has been very helpful.

brenda

Arrow Point (1) ~ Birch Bay (1) ~ Camlin (1) ~ Canmore (1)~Depoe Bay (1) ~ Discovery Bay (1) ~ Eagle Crest (1) ~ Gleneden (2) ~ Kapaa Shore (1) ~ Lake Chelan Shores (1) ~ Leavenworth (4) ~Long Beach (5)~ Mariner Village/Ocean Shores (1) ~ McCall (1) ~ Seaside (1) ~ Victoria (2) ~ W Yellowstone (1)