Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 10:54 pm

2018 Proxy Assignment & Ballot Recommendation.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep 2018 12:20 pm   

We have renewed our proxy for a further 3 years to WM Owners Inc. (40k points)

WM Stays:
Vancouver Canadian(5+), Victoria(5+), Whistler Cascades(2), Canmore, The Camlin(2), Birch Bay(10+), Discovery Bay, Leavenworth, Seaside(4), Gleneden(3), Long Beach, Windsor(2), San Francisco, Palm Springs(3), Indio(4), Taos, Santa Fe, Rancho Vistosa, Phoenix South Mtn Preserve, Bend Seventh Mountain, Depoe Bay, Ocean Walk (Daytona Beach), Eagle Crest, Coral Baja (Cabo)(5+), Isla Mujeres, Denarau Island(Fiji),

RCI Exchanges:
Coral Caribe (Dominican Rep), Westwind II (Bahamas), Sunterra Ridge (Sedona), Sun Club (Nuevo Vallarta),
Allegro Vallarta (Nuevo Vallarta), Marina Fiesta (Cabo), Kona Coast II, Divi Little Bay (St. Maarten), Lawai Beach Resort(Kauai), HGVC Kingsland (Big Island of Hawaii)

PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep 2018 5:23 pm   

Patti and I voted for Myle and designated WM Owners as our proxie in case we do not make the meeting.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep 2018 9:56 pm   

Do you want the proxy confirmations emailed somewhere so wm owners has a record of the assignment?

PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep 2018 9:04 am   

Yes please forward a copy to wmproxies@gmail.com so we have a record.
Thanks so much, Jim Bany
Volunteer for Proxy Assignment

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2018 5:15 am   

Welcome back SunLuvr2 and thank you for not splitting the vote!

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2018 8:04 pm   

A sample recommended proxy form has been posted at top of page 1 of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep 2018 4:33 pm   

i have completed my proxy form and will scan and email it to wmproxies@gmail.com, but how then do i “submit” my proxy to wm??

PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep 2018 5:44 pm   

ahc wrote:
i have completed my proxy form and will scan and email it to wmproxies@gmail.com, but how then do i “submit” my proxy to wm??
Mail your original, signed, completed proxy form to Wyndham's contracted election provider (Computershare) using the postage-paid envelope you received with your voting materials:

Computershare
c/o Mediant Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 8016
Cary, NC 27512-9903

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 10:36 am   

I am at the confirmation stage and am insecure how to proceed.

I'm confused as to why the previous members voted for Mike Hammond AND assigned their proxy to WMOwners.

Isn't the whole reason to assign proxy so that WMOwners will do the voting?

I always choose to assign it for three years--and reassign it every year JUST IN CASE, LOL

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 11.32.50 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 11.32.50 AM.jpg [ 143.9 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]
 PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:29 am   

ajroszak wrote:
...I'm confused as to why the previous members voted for Mike Hammond AND assigned their proxy to WMOwners.

Isn't the whole reason to assign proxy so that WMOwners will do the voting?
Yes. The idea is that WM Owners, Inc. (the proxy holder) can pool our votes (combine our voting power) for a single candidate. It continues to amaze me to see, year after year, the number of owners who direct one vote (by completing the ballot form) for candidate "A" and another vote for candidate "B". This dilutes the vote and decreases the likelihood that either "A or "B" will be elected.

Trust your proxy holder (WM Owners, Inc.) to vote in the manner that is best for our Club. Do not fill out the ballot form.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with casting both votes for Myle Hammond by using the ballot form. However, the problem is that many owners are not familiar enough with WorldMark's election process to understand the concept of voting twice for a single candidate....and so they split their votes between candidates. That is why WM Owners, Inc. suggests that owners not use the ballot form.

The ballot form is not required. Let WM Owners, Inc. do the voting.

Quote:
I always choose to assign it for three years--and reassign it every year JUST IN CASE, LOL

Wise decision. In case you are sick, out of the country, or forget next year, you will still be represented by WM owners in 2019 and 2020.

For those who are not aware, you can assign or reassign your proxy at anytime during the year....not just during election season. You can assign your proxy as many times and as often as you want by writing a letter to the Secretary of WorldMark, The Club. It is handy to assign your proxy during election season using the form provided, however, the form is not required.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:52 am   

Thanks!!! I'll complete the final step now!

(Oh. It expired so I'll start anew.) But thank goodness for WM Owners!!!

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:58 am   

Last Question....
Seems in the past, we were asked to email confirmation somewhere. Are we still being asked to do that?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 12:36 pm   

I just assigned wmowners my proxies for both accounts. I got a message saying that the designee's contact info is incomplete and that WM will try their best to match to the right holder, I'm assuming it's the phone number being left blank. Why don't you have a phone number designated? Seems to me they could invalidate my votes. And how do I know you guys got the confirmation emails since I put wmproxies@gmail.com in the box?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 2:04 pm   

ajroszak wrote:
Last Question....
Seems in the past, we were asked to email confirmation somewhere. Are we still being asked to do that?
Please read the first post on this thread from ModSquad.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2018 2:08 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
That being said, there is nothing wrong with casting both votes for Myle Hammond by using the ballot form.

It would become an issue if Myle withdrew or became ineligible for some reason. Then those votes would be wasted, and the proxy holder would not be able to change them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next