Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 10:43 pm

2018 PROXY OFFER BY WYNDHAM COMES TO OWNERS PHONE (FB)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul 2018 7:57 pm   

bizaro86 wrote:
Sorry, I only cut and pasted a bit, as the document is very long. RemainCo is destinations (the timeshare business). They are paying a royalty to the hotels business, which was spun out.

The spin was financial engineering to make a capital light business (hotel company). By adding $65 MM of royalty payments, the hotel side has more income and the timeshare side less. Because the hotel side will trade at a higher multiple, that should theoreticalally make shareholders richer.

geist1223 wrote:
So I assume that Wyndham Destinations assumes they will have multiples of $65 Million in income if they can afford to pay the Hotel Group $65 Million per year.

Also with the spin off into Wyndham Destinations how does that relate to our Management Contract with Wyndham as the Company we signed a Management Contract no longer technically exists?

"Multiple" refers to valuations.
The Hotel business is seen as much less risky that the timeshare business, so the hotel business trades at a higher multiple of revenue.
The valuation of Wyndham Worldwide pre-spinoff would have been based on multiples of the different business segments.
I assume this would be based upon EBITDA.

Wyndham Destinations pays Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, as WH holds the trademarks to the Wyndham name.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul 2018 8:50 am   

I just read that it takes 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points to reserve 1 night in a Wyndham hotel. so the 375,000 will get 25 nights. However, Wyndham Rewards points have an expiration date.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul 2018 3:28 pm   

Claude wrote:
bizaro86 wrote:
geist1223 wrote:
So I assume that Wyndham Destinations assumes they will have multiples of $65 Million in income if they can afford to pay the Hotel Group $65 Million per year.

Also with the spin off into Wyndham Destinations how does that relate to our Management Contract with Wyndham as the Company we signed a Management Contract no longer technically exists?

Nothing changed. Wyndham Worldwide still exists, it just has a new name, Wyndham Destinations, and longer owns some of its other assets.

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/board/ ... eement.pdf

Wyndham Resort Development Corporation is the entity that has the relationship with WorldMark, The Club; both as Manager and Developer.
It happens to be a subsidiary of Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Inc; which was a subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide.
Wyndham Worldwide has been renamed Wyndham Destinations as of the spin-off date.
Claude's explanation is presented visually on the WMOwners.com website here.

Both the history & bubble chart that you see, now need another revision...any volunteers?

PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug 2018 1:36 pm   

This is my question too...
How do I assign my proxy to WM Owners?