Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 5:58 am

Will you attend the annual meeting at Sacramento 10/17/2017?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep 2017 5:10 pm   

I plan to be there. How about you?

It is always fun to meet more WorldMark owners...particularly our friends who post here on the forum.

Just a YES or NO reply would be nice.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep 2017 5:26 pm   

No ----cancelled Camlin reservation in January.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep 2017 6:50 pm   

No.... a friend who lives in Sacramento will be.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep 2017 7:59 pm   

Probably yes.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 6:02 am   

Yes

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 7:24 am   

I would like to go, it's only about a 6.5-7 hour drive for us. But they always schedule these meetings in the middle of the week, what is this years, Tuesday? I still work. Sacramento isn't quite high on my vacation destination list, so I won't be there.

In my opinion I don't think they want owners there. That's why they moved it to a crappy location and they always have it in the middle of the week. Seattle would at least provide a good vacationing spot. I bet owner attendance will be down.

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 7:48 am   

benh7777 wrote:
.... I bet owner attendance will be down.
I am curious about that.

I think the stated reason for Sacramento is to have the meeting more accessible to California owners. In recent years, the Seattle meeting has also been during the week; attendance has been about 1,500±. It will be interesting to compare.

Seattle has been convenient because the Camlin is close by and most of October is white season.

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 6:08 pm   

I'd love to go but it is a long drive. We would also enjoy stopping at Running Y on the way there and back. But - that isn't the way I want to spend my time and money on. We'll save the Running Y stops for the winter snow bird drive.

I will be surprised if the attendance is anywhere near the Seattle venue.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 8:01 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
benh7777 wrote:
I am curious about that.

I think the stated reason for Sacramento is to have the meeting more accessible to California owners. In recent years, the Seattle meeting has also been during the week; attendance has been about 1,500±. It will be interesting to compare.

Seattle has been convenient because the Camlin is close by and most of October is white season.

tquayle wrote:

There are 95 WorldMark units at the Camlin, so a max of 200 owners (reality is probably less than half that) out of 1500 attendees stay there.

If as much as half of the 1500 Seattle attendees have never attended an annual meeting before, that is 750 members.

If the attendance at Sacramento is only 1200, but 1000 of those owners have never attended an annual meeting before, is that better or worse than if the meeting had been held in Seattle?

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep 2017 8:32 pm   

1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
TahoeGary wrote:
benh7777 wrote:
I am curious about that.

tquayle wrote:

There are 95 WorldMark units at the Camlin, so a max of 200 owners (reality is probably less than half that) out of 1500 attendees stay there.

If as much as half of the 1500 Seattle attendees have never attended an annual meeting before, that is 750 members.

If the attendance at Sacramento is only 1200, but 1000 of those owners have never attended an annual meeting before, is that better or worse than if the meeting had been held in Seattle?

I didn't mean to imply that the proximity of the Camlin somehow affects attendance at the annual meeting...only that it is convenient. In fact, many owners I have met while staying at the Camlin in past years (during the meeting) did not even attend the meeting...and didn't know anything about the annual meeting.

Usually a show of hands is requested at the meeting asking how many present have attended last year, two years, three years, etc. My recollection is that the majority have indicated they attended for the past 3 years or so ...and about 5-10% indicated they have attended 10 or more meetings.

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:18 am   

1nceBurned2wiceShy:
Did you attend in Seattle?

Back to the question at the beginning of this thread...are you attending in Sacramento?

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 9:49 am   

No. Question: WMOwners has my proxy (I've confirmed this), do I need to do anything else with my ballot? Thanks! Laura

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 12:19 pm   

javanite wrote:
1nceBurned2wiceShy:
Did you attend in Seattle?

Back to the question at the beginning of this thread...are you attending in Sacramento?

Traveling to Seattle has been out of the question. I have watched the webcast of the last 2 or 3 annual meetings. The first one was the last time the webcast included the Q&A.

Sacramento is in the realm of possibility, but I do not know what would be gained beyond the actual meeting that is webcast. For a relatively new owner, or someone unfamiliar with WorldMark, the annual meeting would be a great opportunity for a crash course in all things WorldMark.

October is White Season at the St. George, UT resort. If an annual meeting is ever held at the Dixie Center in St George, I would probably plan a fall vacation there and spend of couple of hours of it attending the meeting. Hiking and golf is my idea of a vacation; the meeting would make for an interesting add-on.

With less than 1% of owners attending the annual meeting wherever it may be, I do not think it matters where it is held. I think it is a good idea that the meeting location moves around to give as many owners as possible a chance to attend an annual meeting, if they want.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 1:19 pm   

Hello.. this will be my first opportunity (after more than 20 years of ownership) to attend. And, I can only stay up to 12:30--1:00pm at the latest.
May I know:
1) How do I ensure that my ballot goes only to WMOwners?
2) Will I be able to achieve much if I'm only there from 10:00 to 1:00?

Thanks for your help.
etravels

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep 2017 5:18 pm   

etravels wrote:
2) Will I be able to achieve much if I'm only there from 10:00 to 1:00?

Thanks for your help.
etravels

They have had a wonderful spread the times I've attended. Expresso service, abundant coffee, teas and other drinks (sans alcohol) as well as lots of h'oure derves and a nice time to talk WM with a bunch of like minded folks. They also have a big area with booths from the many departments. The actual meeting is later and you can always see a video like 2shy says.

I'd be happy if they decide not to do the travel meeting and give is back the fun time in Seattle/Bellevue.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.