Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 5:20 am

2017 Election Results - posted by Myle

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 9:37 pm   

True - but this is an unofficial report - and not from the tabulator.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 10:01 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
True - but this is an unofficial report - and not from the tabulator.

OK ....

The Tabulator is not hired by the membership and has no responsibility to report the result directly to the membership.

Hopefully, the BOD who do have an obligation to the membership, will report the full election results from the Tabulator.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 10:13 pm   

1nceBurned2wiceShy wrote:
javanite wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047962975276185/permalink/1738079072931235/

Thank you, Myle, for running to represent us, and for sharing the election results.

At Large-
Linda Hildebrant 77,332
Bob Hartsock 67,077
Bruce McDonald 13,414

Members-Only
Cecilia Cuevas 96,515
Myle Hammond 55,984
John Curtis 12,520
Tom Gifford 12,210
Todd Nicolson 3,746

How many votes for the third candidate, Geoff Richards? He was the "Developer Only" candidate, but the number of votes he received is still a critical element of the election and should be reported by the Tabulator and reported to the Membership. It is, after all, an open election.

Surprised it wasn't mentioned at the meeting... I'd guess it'll be announced soon.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 6:36 am   

Claude wrote:
ecwinch wrote:
Claude wrote:
I do think it's good to have new blood on the board - even if its not Myle.

As unlikely as it was to occur, having Myle on the BoD would have been a good thing.

Given the disparagement that Cecilia and Bob endured, Linda is likely to be painted with the same brush - that she is not independent because Wyndham "selected" her to be on the BoD. Selected being code for "Wyndham voted for her".

And I feel for Cecilia, she's done an excellent job and doesn't deserve much of the owners frustration that has been pointed towards her.

Marci was a close second but Cecilia was the best candidate in my mind when Gene's position was filled.

It was a horrible strategic error to not have Myle run as At-Large.
Instead of fighting an incumbent, he likely would have had more votes as most voters thought they needed to vote in both categories.

I'm very curious to see an analysis of the proxy votes, developer/board/wmo.

Quote:
Eric, why is it wrong to assume that if. Wyndham supports someone being on the board it is because they feel it is in their corporate interest for that person to be there? They are hardly likely to support someone who is going to hold their feet to the fire. Seems more like logic than paranoia at play here.

The board has always encouraged candidates that made an effort to be involved in meetings and had excellent insight prior to candidacy.
They are hardly likely to support those who have used the heavy anti-Wyndham rhetoric which has been many of the past candidates.

Cecilia was involved prior to being appointed - had run previous election cycles, attended meetings, and strong experience.

Quote:
Linda has already sided with the BoD regarding the new $99 name change fee rule.
That is a mark that will be hard to get past.

This is obviously an anti-commercial usage item.
How often do you change the name on reservations?
When building up waitlist based reservations for family or friends, I never change thr name until the final reservation is combined together and ready for them

Harry

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 6:45 am   

When Myle submitted his application, he did not know that Cuevas would run in the member-only position.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 8:19 am   

Attachment:
BoardResult_2017.jpg
BoardResult_2017.jpg [ 29.89 KiB | Viewed 1573 times ]
Now posted on WorldMark website:

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/owners ... ctions.jsp

They have not told us how many votes they gave to Richards.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 12:02 pm   

herindoors wrote:
2old2growup wrote:
Eric, why is it wrong to assume that if. Wyndham supports someone being on the board it is because they feel it is in their corporate interest for that person to be there? They are hardly likely to support someone who is going to hold their feet to the fire. Seems more like logic than paranoia at play here.

Linda has already sided with the BoD regarding the new $99 name change fee rule.
That is a mark that will be hard to get past.

It wouldn’t have mattered. Even if she is the sole against vote on every issue for the next 18 months - people will still say that she is not independent because Wyndham voted for her.

Because admitting that an owner can be elected to the BoD undermines the rhetoric. And what some will only accept is when the candidate WMO supports is elected.

Even when it was obvious that we were going to have a new member of the BoD who was not named Myle - what effort was made to determine which At-Large candidate would be the best pro-owner candidate?

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 6:00 pm   

shift.4 wrote:
herindoors wrote:
I am fine... rarely have another name on a reservation. ..... there are others with smaller accounts that it would affect who may bring in one time use credits for family use. It will also affect exchanges. A lot of owners book multiple units at different resorts Via RCI, II, TPI, etc. The name will have to be changed. Who will pay? Exchanger or exchangee? Will we be charged a fee when we give a week to II or RCI?

I think this was supposed to be a move to discourage megas...duh... it affects owners more who want family in the units. The renters will merely UP their prices.

I dont think renters will just up their fees. Im thinking they already charge whatever the market will bear.. Charge more than the competion and they wont get it rented

this will affect their bottom line directly, But to your point, worldmark maintenance fees are so low, and the profits on the really prime rentals so high, $99 wont slow them down. I suspect you will see a movement and even more rentals at the really popular destinations

Maintenance fees are so LOW ? you got to be kidding me Wyndham raises them every year by the max no matter if they really need to or not. In my opinion they are high now.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 6:51 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
It wouldn’t have mattered. Even if she is the sole against vote on every issue for the next 18 months - people will still say that she is not independent because Wyndham voted for her.

ecwinch wrote:
Even when it was obvious that we were going to have a new member of the BoD who was not named Myle - what effort was made to determine which At-Large candidate would be the best pro-owner candidate?

If she was the sole vote against every issue she would find herself voted out at term end.
For next election cycle some serious strategy needs to be developed. It'll only be at-large positions up for grabs, but the good side is that the nomination committee will be Cecilia and Linda.

ecwinch wrote:
Because admitting that an owner can be elected to the BoD undermines the rhetoric. And what some will only accept is when the candidate WMO supports is elected.

Even thought Bob and Cecilia have had strong WMO support in previous cycles they're lumped in with the rest.

Proxy solicitation should only be WMO as apposed to individual candidates - in addition an email and phone number should be listed so that there is zero confusion.
I'm fully aware it's not required but 50% of the election questions were whether they needed an email and phone number or who they should vote for in at-large.

javanite wrote:
They have not told us how many votes they gave to Richards.

I'm worried they won't, it'd make it obvious how much they tipped their hand in the at-large voting, it was probably a single vote as it was a non-contested position.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 7:28 pm   

jerandjand wrote:
shift.4 wrote:
herindoors wrote:
I am fine... rarely have another name on a reservation. ..... there are others with smaller accounts that it would affect who may bring in one time use credits for family use. It will also affect exchanges. A lot of owners book multiple units at different resorts Via RCI, II, TPI, etc. The name will have to be changed. Who will pay? Exchanger or exchangee? Will we be charged a fee when we give a week to II or RCI?

I think this was supposed to be a move to discourage megas...duh... it affects owners more who want family in the units. The renters will merely UP their prices.

I dont think renters will just up their fees. Im thinking they already charge whatever the market will bear.. Charge more than the competion and they wont get it rented

this will affect their bottom line directly, But to your point, worldmark maintenance fees are so low, and the profits on the really prime rentals so high, $99 wont slow them down. I suspect you will see a movement and even more rentals at the really popular destinations

Maintenance fees are so LOW ? you got to be kidding me Wyndham raises them every year by the max no matter if they really need to or not. In my opinion they are high now.

Completely agree. WM used to be my most economical travel option all of the time. Now it is only economical for BT. The MF's have now overtaken my other t/s that has no built in protections like bylaws and a voted on BoD. Not that those mean anything anymore with rigged elections and a company that ignores the bylaws and dares you to sue them.

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov 2017 12:10 am   

jerandjand wrote:

Yes, compared to every other major timeshare system we have the lowest maintenance fees (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Diamond, etc). Good luck getting a 2BR week in a prime season for $700.

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov 2017 2:40 am   

ecwinch wrote:
jerandjand wrote:

Yes, compared to every other major timeshare system we have the lowest maintenance fees (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Diamond, etc). Good luck getting a 2BR week in a prime season for $700.

Maintenance fees on a 10,000 credit account is 939.40 per year according to this link: http://advantagevacation.com/wyndham-wo ... ance-fees/

Where are coming up with the 700.00?

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov 2017 3:12 am   

allenke wrote:
ecwinch wrote:
jerandjand wrote:

Maintenance fees on a 10,000 credit account is 939.40 per year according to this link: http://advantagevacation.com/wyndham-wo ... ance-fees/

Where are coming up with the 700.00?

Actually 10,001 - 12,500 pts are $930.40 according to that.

7,500 -10,000 pts are $790.04.

For larger accounts, the cost will drop below $700. My 20,000 pt account is $1387.48, so it cost me $693.74 a week for 10000 pt reservations.

A 50,000 credit account is $3179.80 or $635.96 for a 10k week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov 2017 8:27 am   

Sorry you can't compare worldmark to Marriott , Hilton, Or Hyatt
Worldmark is more of a so called "Blue Collar" Resort they are not as nice as those other resorts. I have owned Marriot and They are much nicer and "higher class" so to speak.
Wyndham is trying to change that but only by raising prices and fees not by updating the units.
I can't believe people are paying wyndham over $3 a credit for Worldmark that is so high.

ecwinch wrote:
jerandjand wrote:

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov 2017 8:51 am   

jerandjand wrote:
Sorry you can't compare worldmark to Marriott , Hilton, Or Hyatt
Worldmark is more of a so called "Blue Collar" Resort they are not as nice as those other resorts. I have owned Marriot and They are much nicer and "higher class" so to speak.
Wyndham is trying to change that but only by raising prices and fees not by updating the units.
I can't believe people are paying wyndham over $3 a credit for Worldmark that is so high.

ecwinch wrote:
jerandjand wrote:

I own a Marriott timeshare. My current dues are about $1300. It is not $600 nicer than any WM resort I have stayed at lately. And dues on my rundown South Padre timeshare are $1000. WM is a bargain no matter how you slice it.

Plus ... WM has the same relative use value as a Marriott :mrgreen:
(Thought i’d Throw that in for old times )

Last edited by ecwinch on Sat 18 Nov 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next