Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 4:44 am

2017 Election Results - posted by Myle

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 11:17 am   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047962 ... 072931235/

Thank you, Myle, for running to represent us, and for sharing the election results.

At Large-
Linda Hildebrant 77,332
Bob Hartsock 67,077
Bruce McDonald 13,414

Members-Only
Cecilia Cuevas 96,515
Myle Hammond 55,984
John Curtis 12,520
Tom Gifford 12,210
Todd Nicolson 3,746

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 11:40 am   

That's a significant drop-off from 2016 when Myle received 87,556 votes.

Here is Linda's bio from the candidate statements:

As a seasoned owner of
40,000 credits, I felt that it was
time I became more involved in
the Club of which we are together
all owners. I bring a wealth
of business, financial and HOA
knowledge. I will be committed
to serving the best interests of
the owners of WorldMark so that
it continues to be the quality club
that we all are proud to own. If
elected, I will listen to and value
your input and work with the other
board members to continue to
expand destinations and features
that will diversify and improve
your ownership.
I have had hospitality experience
with restaurants and experience
with HOA organizations as
their accountant and property
manager. I am a licensed real estate
agent in the State of Nevada.
I have over 40 years of work experience
in finance and IT systems.
I have owned a successful
accounting practice and served
on the boards of profit and nonprofit
organizations. I hold a BA in
Accounting, an MBA and a Ph.D.
in Organization & Management
with a specialty in Leadership.
I am a life-long learner that will
embrace the challenge of learning
everything I can about the
timeshare industry to make sure
I add the value you would expect
in electing me.
As an owner of this club I have
visited many of the resorts and
traded my points at time for
cruises and exchanges. As I am
sure you will agree, purchasing
my WorldMark credits was one
of the best decisions I ever made.
Just like you I understand that
the timeshare industry is highly
competitive and to stay in a leading
position we have to continue
to deliver the most value for our
money. I ask that you consider
my qualifications and give me the
chance to serve the best interests
of the Club and its members.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 12:17 pm   

Thanks, Maria and Eric.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 1:04 pm   

It's unfortunate that Myle chose not to run under At-Large, perhaps we'd be in a different situation.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 1:06 pm   

Even if you move his votes over to the At-Large position, he would have only come in third. IMHO - Myle killed himself the first time he ran for the BoD when his campaign statement and posts on FB repeated the rhetoric that every activist candidate has relied on for the past 10 years.

Some day a candidate will recognize that you cannot win with the "Wyndham controlled BoD" rhetoric and will focus on the issues that impact our vacation experiences. Then they might have a chance. But implying the BoD is the puppet of Wyndham is not the path to victory.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 1:22 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Even if you move his votes over to the At-Large position, he would have only come in third. IMHO - Myle killed himself the first time he ran for the BoD when his campaign statement and posts on FB repeated the rhetoric that every activist candidate has relied on for the past 10 years.

Someday a candidate will recognize that you cannot win with the "Wyndham controlled BoD" rhetoric and will focus on the issues that impact our vacation experiences. Then they might have a chance. But implying the BoD is the puppet of Wyndham is not the path to victory.

Agreed - that rhetoric has handicapped many candidates in the past.
Many of the board take high offense at that, for good reason.
The situation is significantly better than 20 years ago, even 10 years ago.

Perhaps a better strategic plan and campaign can be devised for next election cycle.

I do think it's good to have new blood on the board - even if its not Myle.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 3:49 pm   

Don't look at me - I'm a known radical and dissident. I've been complimented on all the boards I've been on because I've always been a devils advocate and point out possible problems with policies that others conjured up through their rose colored glasses. :evil:

Beside that, I'm too old. The trips to Hawaii, Mexico and Down Under for quarterly board meetings would wear me out. :roll:

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 4:04 pm   

Claude wrote:

As unlikely as it was to occur, having Myle on the BoD would have been a good thing.

Given the disparagement that Cecilia and Bob endured, Linda is likely to be painted with the same brush - that she is not independent because Wyndham "selected" her to be on the BoD. Selected being code for "Wyndham voted for her".

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 6:09 pm   

Eric, why is it wrong to assume that if. Wyndham supports someone being on the board it is because they feel it is in their corporate interest for that person to be there? They are hardly likely to support someone who is going to hold their feet to the fire. Seems more like logic than paranoia at play here.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 6:11 pm   

2old2growup wrote:
Eric, why is it wrong to assume that if. Wyndham supports someone being on the board it is because they feel it is in their corporate interest for that person to be there? They are hardly likely to support someone who is going to hold their feet to the fire. Seems more like logic than paranoia at play here.

Linda has already sided with the BoD regarding the new $99 name change fee rule.
That is a mark that will be hard to get past.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 6:17 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Claude wrote:

As unlikely as it was to occur, having Myle on the BoD would have been a good thing.

Given the disparagement that Cecilia and Bob endured, Linda is likely to be painted with the same brush - that she is not independent because Wyndham "selected" her to be on the BoD. Selected being code for "Wyndham voted for her".

And I feel for Cecilia, she's done an excellent job and doesn't deserve much of the owners frustration that has been pointed towards her.

Marci was a close second but Cecilia was the best candidate in my mind when Gene's position was filled.

It was a horrible strategic error to not have Myle run as At-Large.
Instead of fighting an incumbent, he likely would have had more votes as most voters thought they needed to vote in both categories.

I'm very curious to see an analysis of the proxy votes, developer/board/wmo.

Quote:

The board has always encouraged candidates that made an effort to be involved in meetings and had excellent insight prior to candidacy.
They are hardly likely to support those who have used the heavy anti-Wyndham rhetoric which has been many of the past candidates.

Cecilia was involved prior to being appointed - had run previous election cycles, attended meetings, and strong experience.

Quote:
Linda has already sided with the BoD regarding the new $99 name change fee rule.
That is a mark that will be hard to get past.

This is obviously an anti-commercial usage item.
How often do you change the name on reservations?

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 6:55 pm   

I am fine... rarely have another name on a reservation. ..... there are others with smaller accounts that it would affect who may bring in one time use credits for family use. It will also affect exchanges. A lot of owners book multiple units at different resorts Via RCI, II, TPI, etc. The name will have to be changed. Who will pay? Exchanger or exchangee? Will we be charged a fee when we give a week to II or RCI?

I think this was supposed to be a move to discourage megas...duh... it affects owners more who want family in the units. The renters will merely UP their prices.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 7:28 pm   

herindoors wrote:
I am fine... rarely have another name on a reservation. ..... there are others with smaller accounts that it would affect who may bring in one time use credits for family use. It will also affect exchanges. A lot of owners book multiple units at different resorts Via RCI, II, TPI, etc. The name will have to be changed. Who will pay? Exchanger or exchangee? Will we be charged a fee when we give a week to II or RCI?

I think this was supposed to be a move to discourage megas...duh... it affects owners more who want family in the units. The renters will merely UP their prices.

Exchanges should not be affected. Deposits shouldn't be included for II and RCI.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 7:39 pm   

herindoors wrote:

I dont think renters will just up their fees. Im thinking they already charge whatever the market will bear.. Charge more than the competion and they wont get it rented

this will affect their bottom line directly, But to your point, worldmark maintenance fees are so low, and the profits on the really prime rentals so high, $99 wont slow them down. I suspect you will see a movement and even more rentals at the really popular destinations

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov 2017 9:10 pm   

javanite wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047962975276185/permalink/1738079072931235/

Thank you, Myle, for running to represent us, and for sharing the election results.

At Large-
Linda Hildebrant 77,332
Bob Hartsock 67,077
Bruce McDonald 13,414

Members-Only
Cecilia Cuevas 96,515
Myle Hammond 55,984
John Curtis 12,520
Tom Gifford 12,210
Todd Nicolson 3,746

How many votes for the third candidate, Geoff Richards? He was the "Developer Only" candidate, but the number of votes he received is still a critical element of the election and should be reported by the Tabulator and reported to the Membership. It is, after all, an open election.