Register
It is currently Wed 12 Aug 2020 4:52 am

2017: Proxy Assignment & Ballot Recommendation

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep 2017 3:17 pm   

smith5fly wrote:
Thank you for the detailed information. I found it on my ballot and it says my proxy is good till next November. Do you need to know each year that we'd already assigned WMowners proxy? It doesn't say who we'd assigned it to, that'd be nice to verify.
Thanks,
Andra

Something is wrong with your statement (in red above)
The proxy form states (at lower right hand corner) who your proxy holder is, and the date of proxy expiration. If your proxy form says "NO", then you will need to submit a new proxy assignment (unless you plan to attend the annual meeting and vote in person).

The ballot form does not contain that information since the ballot is not related to a proxy. Each of the two forms serves a specific purpose.

Complete the ballot form ONLY if you wish to direct your proxy holder how to cast your two votes.

As has been discussed frequently, it is generally better (in the opinion of WM Owners, Inc.) to not complete the ballot form; thereby allowing your proxy holder to vote all proxies held as a single block for a single candidate...a concept that some voters do not understand.

WM Owners, Inc. does not need to know ( i.e. be reminded) each year of a three year proxy assignment. We have detailed proxy assignment records which are provided to us each year (after the election) by WorldMark's election tabulator (Computershare).

We do like to know when you assign, or renew, your proxy assignment to us (by email to wmproxies@gmail.com) so that we can compare the information that you provide with the information that Computershare provides. If you do not tell us that you have assigned your proxy to us, we have no way of knowing. Computershare does not provide ANY owner/proxy giver contact information to proxy holders.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep 2017 9:04 am   

We have appointed WM Owners, Inc. in our proxy. Any recommendations on the ballot for the candidates to Members-Only and At-Large directors? Or, should we leave that section blank? Please advise. Thank you.

Edma & Martín

PostPosted: Tue 26 Sep 2017 8:48 pm   

mantuna wrote:
We have appointed WM Owners, Inc. in our proxy. Any recommendations on the ballot for the candidates to Members-Only and At-Large directors? Or, should we leave that section blank? Please advise. Thank you.

Edma & Martín

leave blank!

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017 7:03 am   

Got it; thanks!

PostPosted: Fri 29 Sep 2017 10:44 am   

Looking at our incoming proxies, it appears that some owners are misunderstanding how to submit their proxy form.

You must do one of the following:

1. Submit your proxy on line.

- logon to your account at https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/
- click on "VOTE NOW" at the top of the page
- follow the instructions.

You do not need to complete the ballot form; that form is optional.

OR

2. Mail the ORIGINAL proxy form to Computershare (use the postage paid envelope included with your voting materials) at this address:

Computershare
c/o Mediant Communications, Inc.
P. O. Box 8016
Cary, NC 27512-9903

You do not need to mail the ballot form; that form is optional.

WM Owners, Inc. requests that you send a COPY of the completed proxy form to wmproxies@gmail.com so that we know you have assigned your proxy to us. We use that information to cross-check proxy data provided to us by Computershare with our own proxy database.

SENDING A COPY OF YOUR PROXY FORM TO WM OWNERS, INC. DOES NOT NEGATE THE REQUIREMENT TO SUBMIT ONLINE OR SEND THE ORIGINAL BY MAIL TO COMPUTERSHARE.

As background, WM Owners, Inc. receives copies of proxies from many sources, some of which have no email contact information. Therefore, we cannot always contact the proxy giver. For example, if we receive a copy of a proxy sent from a UPS store, or from an employer's email address, we cannot contact the proxy giver to remind them that the ORIGINAL must be sent to Computershare.

Thank you for your understanding, and your continued proxy support.

PostPosted: Wed 04 Oct 2017 11:37 am   

Just renewed my proxy to WMOwners, Inc. on line. I have sent a copy to WMProxies@gmail.com

Thanks so much for the work you guys do for us. Mark Maxfield

PostPosted: Wed 04 Oct 2017 2:25 pm   

Before I consider assigning my proxy vote to WM Owners Inc., please tell me who are the board members of WM Owners Inc and what are their backgrounds?

Thank you
Chris Stacey

PostPosted: Fri 06 Oct 2017 6:48 pm   

Either I misplaced my voting materials or I didn't receive them at all. What should I do? Will it be too late to get the control number?

PostPosted: Fri 06 Oct 2017 7:10 pm   

linnysue wrote:
Either I misplaced my voting materials or I didn't receive them at all. What should I do? Will it be too late to get the control number?

It is too late to obtain a replacement mail-in ballot.

Call Owner Care at 800-565-0468. I think you can obtain your Control Number by confirming your email address or zip code associated with your membership. If you can obtain the Control Number, use it to vote online until 2 p.m. PST October 16th. Do not wait until the last minute to vote, because I am sure the proxypush.com website will be very busy on Oct. 16.

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct 2017 8:05 am   

Thanks! Calling now, and in case anyone else is in this situation here is the info on the Worldmark website:

If you did not receive or have misplaced your Voting Materials, you may obtain your control number by calling owner care at 800-565-0468. When you call, for security reasons, you must be prepared to give the representative your first and last name on the account, member number and the zip code associated with the account. Once you receive your control number, input the number in the box and continue voting online.

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct 2017 8:36 am   

Done! I just renewed my designated proxy to WM OWNERS, INC. online and emailed a copy to WMProxies@gmail.com. Director Vote 1 and Director Vote 2 both say NO VOTE WAS CAST. Did I do this correctly?

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct 2017 8:38 am   

linnysue wrote:
Done! I just renewed my designated proxy to WM OWNERS, INC. online and emailed a copy to WMProxies@gmail.com. Director Vote 1 and Director Vote 2 both say NO VOTE WAS CAST. Did I do this correctly?

Yes....the no vote cast refers to you picking a candidate for your proxy to vote for versus letting your proxy holder choose the candidate.