Register
It is currently Wed 05 Aug 2020 10:34 pm

Has your WM Ballot arrived?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 3:20 pm   

I think there is a systemic failure here.

I had a valid 3-year proxy which was still in effect. And just to make sure, a few weeks ago, I also did a brand new 3-year proxy. But the mailing comes as if I have no proxy on record at all.

There are so many of these being reported that it is very much worth investigating.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 7:49 pm   

samehere wrote:

I had a valid 3-year proxy which was still in effect. And just to make sure, a few weeks ago, I also did a brand new 3-year proxy. But the mailing comes as if I have no proxy on record at all.

There are so many of these being reported that it is very much worth investigating.

To whom did you assign your proxy and when?

If you assigned "a brand new 3-year proxy" after July 25, 2017 the proxy assignment will not be reflected on your "2017 Official Ballot".

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 7:51 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
chambelman wrote:
Received today in Bellevue, WA.

Nice to see whether a valid proxy was on file but shocked to find that one was not. We have been assigning our ballot to WMOwners, Inc. for years.

Why were you shocked? When did you last assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. ? For how long? ...i.e. annual meeting only, or 3 years.

If you send me a PM with either the exact owner name on the account, or the owner number, I can research the history/status of your proxy assignment to WM Owners, Inc.

There have been errors in the election tabulation process in past years, so I am always interested when an owner thinks their proxy assignment to WM Owners, Inc. has not been properly recorded by WorldMark's election tabulator.

Answer provided via PM.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 11:07 pm   

Received on Saturday in Spokane

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 12:01 am   

TahoeGary wrote:
samehere wrote:

To whom did you assign your proxy and when?

If you assigned "a brand new 3-year proxy" after July 25,2107 the proxy assignment will not be reflected on your "2017 Official Ballot".

I do not have the e-mails from the earlier proxy assignments, so that I cannot verify that I did have a current proxy.

I do have the most recent (done August 8 - so after the July 25 date you cite) acknowledgment e-mail, which I forwarded to wmproxies@gmail.com as soon as I received it.

I assigned my proxy to WM Owners, Inc.

So it seems that I received the mailing without any mention of the proxy because I made the proxy assignment after the July 25 cutoff date. And thus the proxy assignment should be in place and active, even though it does not reflect in the mailing.

So is it the case now that I should cast my ballot? And if so how should I vote? Or should I not cast it and it will automatically be cast in the way that WM Owners as the proxy assignee decides?

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 5:49 am   

I got our ballots Saturday. Isn't it interesting that Myle Hammond is in the Members-only group rather than the At Large group. I surmise that the board doesn't want him and they will make sure Cecelia gets reelected. I think that the WMowner proxies would better be used for the best of the 3 At Large candidates. Does anyone on the 4M know anything about them?

I still back the WMO proxy use and will continue to give my proxy to WMO.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug 2017 10:54 am   

Candidates choose what position to run for.

Based on what Myle posted after he attended the BoD meeting at Cabo, Myle had fully knowledge that Cecilia was going to run for the at large position, so it appears he choose to run against her rather than Bob (at the time Myle indicated Bob was going to run for the members only).

That is either a major strategic blunder or some deep strategy. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 10:06 am   

ecwinch wrote:
Candidates choose what position to run for.

Based on what Myle posted after he attended the BoD meeting at Cabo, Myle had fully knowledge that Cecilia was going to run for the at large position, so it appears he choose to run against her rather than Bob (at the time Myle indicated Bob was going to run for the members only).

That is either a major strategic blunder or some deep strategy. Time will tell.

Sounds like Myle chose to run against a much weaker Cecelia then Bob. He must not have known that Bob would bough out? :?:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 10:48 am   

Accepting as fact that Cecilia is weaker, I would still run for the position that Wyndham cannot vote for, rather than the position that Wyndham and the Club's proxies can be voted for. Last time I checked, you win by getting the most votes.

So either there is some deep strategy in play here ... aka one of the at-large candidates is the Trojan horse and Myle is the mis-direction - or they have outplayed the dissidents once again.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 3:42 pm   

here here for the radical dissidents. If at first you don't succeed - keep trying next year.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.