Register
It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 11:20 pm

2020 PROXY to WM OWNERS, INC.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 PostPosted: Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:25 pm   

Thank you for responding, Gary. But how does someone, in this case WMOwners, Inc, vote for those who have given them their proxy, if they dont know whom they are voting on behalf of? (BTW: I was told that WM does send the proxy list to those voting. If not true, I will call them back right away!)

PostPosted: Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:36 pm   

Got our votes in under the wire!
Thanks for the proxy voting info.
Let's hope we get an improved BOD this year.

PostPosted: Fri 23 Oct 2020 10:56 am   

I put in the control number and it says (Invalid length for field value) .
Also what do you put down for a first name.
Rich49

PostPosted: Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:04 am   

Bauman:
I appreciate your asking. We don't always know exactly what your question is, or what details an Owner is asking.

The independent vote tabulating agency gives each proxy holder a summary of their proxies. The officer then votes that summary. (WM Owners, Inc. is a proxy holder.)

Some proxies are directed for 1 or more candidates. Those are voted as directed. The proxy holder has no choice.
Some proxies are "undirected" = the candidates were all left blank, so the proxy holder casts all votes for one candidate.

PostPosted: Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:05 am   

Hi Rich1949

I just put WM Owners Inc in both fields. The form is set up to allow one to assign a proxy to a "person" or a "corp".
They know if it says WM Owners where to send it.

If your control number arrived in an email, just copy/paste your control number into the field. If it is on hard copy, then type it in again, carefully. You may have had an extra space at the beginning or end

PostPosted: Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:26 am   

Just assigned my Proxy to WM OWERS, INC
3yrs

thank you
Rex
8)

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:55 am   

Well, I did find out from another Owner Care rep that the proxy recipient does NOT actually find out whom they are voting for -- just the # of votes they have. They (there was a lot of "consulting" on their end) also thought that the names may never be shared -- even after the election. This lack of transparency is quite disturbing, and I am surprised that I have not heard of this before. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon 09 Nov 2020 2:59 pm   

bauman4peace2 wrote:
Well, I did find out from another Owner Care rep that the proxy recipient does NOT actually find out whom they are voting for -- just the # of votes they have. They (there was a lot of "consulting" on their end) also thought that the names may never be shared -- even after the election. This lack of transparency is quite disturbing, and I am surprised that I have not heard of this before. Thoughts?

Correct, the proxy recipient (WM Owners Inc, in this case) received a spreadsheet that is NOT COMPLETE 3 days prior to voting day, it is updated quite awhile later to show us total voting power - it lists amounts of votes and whether or not "we" the proxy holder are to choose who to vote for, or whether the owner, that would be whoever assigns a proxy to us, has made a choice. We don't get to pick for the person who already made a choice. In our case, as stated well before the election, all unassigned votes went to Myle Hammond.

IF by the "proxy recipient" you mean, us, we do know who we voted for - all unassigned votes went to Myle. The ones that people picked, their votes are private, even from us.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6