Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:08 am

OWNER UPDATES/PRESENTATIONS

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 15 Sep 2020 3:20 pm   

OWNER UPDATES/PRESENTATIONS

My name is Rick Fell. I am running for the WM Board of Directors and ask for your support and votes.

I have received a number of requests to spell out my position on Owner Presentations. I am pleased to present the following. Owner presentations over time have morphed to a large extent into sales pitches aimed at getting owners to buy more credits. The number of owner presentation horror stories I have heard is appalling. Owners have been harassed to attend., pressured and in some instances lied to, to get them to purchase credits. This has to stop.

When an owner makes a reservation online or makes a reservation through a WorldMark representative on the telephone, the question should be asked – Do you want to attend an Owners Presentation during your stay? If the owner marks no on the online form or tells the WorldMark representative they do not want to attend a presentation that should be the end of it and the owner should not be contacted any further during their stay. Kind regards, Rick Fell

Last edited by rick.fell on Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Sep 2020 3:32 pm   

rick.fell wrote:
OWNER PRESENTATIONS COME BE SALES PITCHES

My name is Rick Fell. I am running for the WM Board of Directors and ask for your support and votes.

I have received a number of requests to spell out my position on Owner Presentations. I am pleased to present the following. Owner presentations over time have morphed to a large extent into sales pitches aimed at getting owners to buy more credits. The number of owner presentation horror stories I have heard is appalling. Owners have been harassed to attend., pressured and in some instances lied to, to get them to purchase credits. This has to stop.

When an owner makes a reservation online or makes a reservation through a WorldMark representative on the telephone, the question should be asked – Do you want to attend an Owners Presentation during your stay? If the owner marks no on the online form or tells the WorldMark representative they do not want to attend a presentation that should be the end of it and the owner should not be contacted any further during their stay. Kind regards, Rick Fell

We have been owners for over 18 years. As far as we remember these have always been sell pitches. The WM BOD is not going to tie Wyndham's hands. If Wyndham does not make sales no new resorts.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Fri 18 Sep 2020 2:11 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
We have been owners for over 18 years. As far as we remember these have always been sell pitches. The WM BOD is not going to tie Wyndham's hands. If Wyndham does not make sales no new resorts.

Better yet, why don't we start a movement to stop accepting these new - over priced - resorts that Wyndham is pushing off on WorldMark the club. Get them to stop building the overpriced resorts for a period of time until their unsold credits are low enough that they can't use them to control who is on our BOD.

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.

PostPosted: Fri 18 Sep 2020 4:18 pm   

Too many of the new resorts and for Wyndham apparently, acquiring a few units at someone else's property now counts as providing a new resort - elicit the same response: "you want me to pay HOW much to go WHERE?"

PostPosted: Fri 18 Sep 2020 4:59 pm   

HOTinPHX wrote:
geist1223 wrote:

Better yet, why don't we start a movement to stop accepting these new - over priced - resorts that Wyndham is pushing off on WorldMark the club. Get them to stop building the overpriced resorts for a period of time until their unsold credits are low enough that they can't use them to control who is on our BOD.

The WM BOD refuses to try and assert any power in Resort selections. That is the major reason we have 2 under utilized Resorts in the Blaine area.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved: