Another Disappointing Stay Worldmark, this time at Gleneden

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:09 pm   

details?
photos?

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2021 4:26 pm   

Angler wrote:
Yes cleaning standards have slipped, I found a pistol in the bedside table at Seventh Mountain!!

What type and Model? Did you keep it?

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2021 6:10 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
Angler wrote:
Yes cleaning standards have slipped, I found a pistol in the bedside table at Seventh Mountain!!

What type and Model? Did you keep it?

92, no.

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan 2021 8:52 pm   

"And if I did I wouldn't admit it!" (W.C. Fields - I think in the movie "You Can't Cheat an Honest Man")

Yoop it up,
Tom

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jan 2021 12:18 pm   

timpatmc wrote:
I listened to the recording of the annual meeting, and there was a blurb in there about fixes and maintenance. They did say they will be spending millions on bringing in boulders to shore up the eroded sand cliff underneath the closest building to the badly eroded beach. Not sure what else they will be doing, but it sounds like they are planning to keep the resort.

Happy to hear that, but they are going to have to be some pretty big "boulders."

Maybe rip-rap? Looking to the north of Gleneden, rip-rap was dumped there years ago. I guess Gleneden decided to risk it and opt out. LOL

It's a cliff. It will be interesting to see how they do this.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:38 pm   

8675309 wrote:
timpatmc wrote:
I listened to the recording of the annual meeting, and there was a blurb in there about fixes and maintenance. They did say they will be spending millions on bringing in boulders to shore up the eroded sand cliff underneath the closest building to the badly eroded beach. Not sure what else they will be doing, but it sounds like they are planning to keep the resort.

Happy to hear that, but they are going to have to be some pretty big "boulders."

Maybe rip-rap? Looking to the north of Gleneden, rip-rap was dumped there years ago. I guess Gleneden decided to risk it and opt out. LOL

It's a cliff. It will be interesting to see how they do this.

This means that DLCD has finally approved the very expensive application to use rip-rap to protect the resort from further cliff erosion. WM Gleneden was just about the only development that had been prevented from using rip-rap for shoreline protection because the development was built after the law went into effect; therefore, a very expensive cadre of land use attorneys and time- consuming, detailed applications were required.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Birch Bay; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner Landing; Kona; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor; Camlin; Bend 7th Mountain; Angels Camp; Portland, Reunion
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Ko Olina, Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya Grand Mayan, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian