Register
It is currently Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:32 am

Overlapping cancelled reservations

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct 2020 10:44 pm   

Question: Is there any firm data available yet on which reservation(s) get cancelled if there are excess overlapping reservations.

From the description, if you do not apply a guest certificate within 48 hours of booking, the reservation will be cancelled. From this, it sounds like the latest booked reservation(s) would be the one(s) cancelled.

Is there any evidence that people could share?

/Jim

Jim Pappas
Portland, OR

I enthusiastically recommend voting for independent candidates
for the WM Board.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 4:43 am   

The latest. Did they send you any emails. Did you make the reservation after Oct 1st or before.

Yesterday they canceled one for me. I had 2 reservations but only my name on the account. I started to add my wife as a second owner in early September and we submitted all notarized paperwork for that. Title told me we put notes on your account so OC will not cancel it.

Yesterday they did and when I complained, they said nothing they can do. Typical Wyndham.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 11:27 am   

I got an email about 2 reservations for the same dates at the same resort. My reservation shows September 30th at 10:08am.

Here is the email

"We are contacting you regarding your upcoming reservation that is in violation of the updated Multiple Reservation guideline that took effect on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. While this rule previously did not require a guest name be added right away, the Board approved a change to this guideline to ensure fair and equitable reservation access for all owners, and simplify and streamline the check-in process at the resorts.

The reservation listed below has been cancelled, as it is in direct violation of the updated Multiple Reservation guideline within the WorldMark, The Club Guidelines.

Confirmation Number: xxxxx

Destination: xxxxx

WorldMark, The Club Guideline Section C.14 Reservations-Multiple Reservations states that an Owner may book multiple reservations at a resort for the same time period. Each Owner on the account is allowed to check into a reservation for the specific unit they will occupy. Any further reservations will require a guest name. The guest listed on the reservation must be present at check-in and occupy the unit. With the updated guideline, reservations that do not have a guest name added within 48 hours (2 days) of the reservation being booked, or at the time of reservation if booking 14 days or less, will be cancelled. ail:"

What a joke! I made the reservation on Sept 30th, and they even state it doesn't go into effect until October 1st, and then yesterday I get this email that they have automatically cancelled my reservation. No emails asking to resolve any potential problems, no phone calls...just a cancellation email that came late last night.

And I'll add that their phone reservations agents has deteriorated. Sometimes Ill explain what I want to do, they tell me I can't do that, then I politely request that they go ask their supervisor because I have done it many times before, and then they come back on line explaining I'm right I was right and that they didn't know.... Others just seem to read a script, and you might as well ask to be transferred to Customer Care, where the wait times have greatly increased.

Meanwhile, I foresee ownership value tanking, and there is nothing anyone can do regarding negative changes because it's always about the BOD and they need to be replaced.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 11:53 am   

Mine were made in July but the rule affects all reservations not just the ones made after Oct 1st.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 12:22 pm   

I had reservations cancelled yesterday also where name was being added to account

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 3:15 pm   

Are they cancelling both Reservations or are they choosing which one to cancel?

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2020 3:34 pm   

No, only one that they emailed about.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Oct 2020 9:18 am   

samara64 wrote:
Mine were made in July but the rule affects all reservations not just the ones made after Oct 1st.

I called owner care, (this time only waiting 14 minutes 32 seconds) and she confirmed this. It stinks that it doesn't matter when you made the reservation.

What stinks more is that there was no communication or prior warning to contact WM about the issue. I just got an email that said my reservation was cancelled. I mentioned this to owner care and she politely told me that WM had sent out emails about the changes. I believe her. I never read the long WM policy changes, because they are...long...and usually don't effect me. I asked her why there was no advance warning prior to the cancelation and she said WM is supposed to send out some type of communication, however since my reservation was made Sept 30th, just a day prior to the Oct 1 policy change she guesses it wasn't sent out.

Since I had 2 reservations at the same resort for the same time. I reserved a 1 bedroom, then a week later reserved a 2 bedroom. Maybe they cancel by which reservations is made the most recent?

PostPosted: Thu 15 Oct 2020 10:06 am   

8675309 wrote:
samara64 wrote:

I called owner care, (this time only waiting 14 minutes 32 seconds) and she confirmed this. It stinks that it doesn't matter when you made the reservation.

What stinks more is that there was no communication or prior warning to contact WM about the issue. I just got an email that said my reservation was cancelled. I mentioned this to owner care and she politely told me that WM had sent out emails about the changes. I believe her. I never read the long WM policy changes, because they are...long...and usually don't effect me. I asked her why there was no advance warning prior to the cancelation and she said WM is supposed to send out some type of communication, however since my reservation was made Sept 30th, just a day prior to the Oct 1 policy change she guesses it wasn't sent out.

Since I had 2 reservations at the same resort for the same time. I reserved a 1 bedroom, then a week later reserved a 2 bedroom. Maybe they cancel by which reservations is made the most recent?

So which one did they cancel. I assume the 2BR.

PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:00 am   

They have cancelled some with guest names on them, agent said it causes a lot of problems with the owners affected. I have gotten 6 warning notices on reservations cancelled almost 3 weeks ago, so I am sure the beginning is pretty messy on their side, especially canceling with a guest cert on it. :)

PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2020 11:41 am   

odaddy wrote:
They have cancelled some with guest names on them, agent said it causes a lot of problems with the owners affected. I have gotten 6 warning notices on reservations cancelled almost 3 weeks ago, so I am sure the beginning is pretty messy on their side, especially canceling with a guest cert on it. :)

So did they reinstate the reservation with the guest name on it.

The Software Wyndham uses is so outdated. I sometimes get a welcome email to a resort stay that I canceled months earlier.

PostPosted: Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:46 pm   

I did have one cancelled 2 days ago with a guest name on it, have to try and get the guest fee back and they set up a priority waitlist to try and get the reservation back