Register
It is currently Sun 05 Jul 2020 6:21 pm

Account combine issues

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 12:11 pm   

That's not how it works. Annual allotments are automatically done by computer. Some human would need to track your situation. Not very likely.

Call owner care and you will probably get different response.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 1:49 pm   

skibeaver wrote:
How do you reach out to Wyndham's legal department. One person in owner care said the combine is not complete. So maybe I should wait until July 1st and see if they deposit the credits that were supposed to be awarded on that date.

Surviving account has May anniversary.

Atom is correct, you will need to contact Owner Care (they are the gatekeepers to contacts, within the WorldMark / Wyndham). Most the employees in Owner Care really do want to help owners. This is an unfortunate situation that was created during the Transfer process, so it may get frustrating, just remember, they will be trying to help you.

When you spoke to Owner Care previously about the merging of account status, did they give you a case number? If so, you have that to refer to every time you call in about this issue. If not, the next time you call in ask that they create a case file and give you a case number, because as Atom pointed out, this issue will require a human to track the data points, ie. Original purchase from seller, when they received the documents for transfer, points, etc. They don’t like to create cases, so be patient, explaining that you understand that this probably won’t be able to be taken care of in this one call. If you get nowhere ask to speak to a manager because you are concerned about the integrity of your account. I would NOT ask to speak to their legal department at this point, as it might set the wrong tone. Let Owner Care try to figure it out.

If it were me, I would NOT take the “wait & see” approach. Waiting until July 1st to see if they load the account, especially if you received a document like Atom described, indicating that the points were already transferred, shows complacency. And you should be concerned because it’s 10K points that should have reloaded into your account, + the 800 that were incorrectly transferred to the “borrow bucket” preventing you from planning and using your vacation credits. So, respectfully explain that you wanted to alert them as soon as you realized the impact on your account; so they can fix it sooner rather than later. At minimum, explain your concerns and get a case number, it may take them a few weeks to track everything. But, at least you will have the name of the Owner Care representatives you spoke to and the case number as proof that you tried to go through the correct channels. [Be sure to take notes and date all conversations regarding this issue]

Remember, this was a “mistake”...it was not intentional...mistakes happen, it’s how we deal with them that count...Be appreciative of their help. Give them a chance to correct the mistake. [-o< Hopefully, they will be able to deal with it quickly.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 2:01 pm   

I have not received any snail mail yet. I will call and open a case with owner care just in case.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 4:08 pm   

skibeaver wrote:
I have not received any snail mail yet. I will call and open a case with owner care just in case.

Huh? That’s interesting. How did you know that the 800 points were mistakenly placed in the “opportunity to borrow” bucket of points?

Regardless, contacting Owner Care and getting a case number is a good plan; after which, you might be able to play “wait & see”. They may be able to easily fix it while finishing the transfer after July 1st.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 4:12 pm   

It takes a week or two for the snail mail to come after you see your balances change online.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2020 4:14 pm   

atom wrote:
It takes a week or two for the snail mail to come after you see your balances change online.

Aha! I didn’t know that.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jun 2020 8:58 am   

Surviving account is May anniversary.

All the credits from July account are in the May account now. So it just took some time.

However, I may lose the 10k that would be given on July 1st. I have opened a case with owner care to make sure they give me the 10k credits. Let's see what they come back with.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:32 pm   

geist1223 wrote:
I am surprised they combined prior to July.

I requested owner care to open a case and credit audit.

I was told the audit shows all credits were awarded. Since the account was combined after the anniversary of surviving account and before anniversary of July account, credits from July account will not be awarded this year.

Owner care said they cannot do anything about it.

I don't feel it was a coincidence that WYN delayed the combine requested in November until after the May anniversary but did it before July anniversary.

Anyway, I hope others learn from my loss and are careful with a combine.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:08 pm   

When I combined 2 10000 point accounts for the perfect 20000 point account :D they told me that I would not get my points on one of the accounts that year. I was warned they would be awarded but taken back within a few days which they were. It does seem like worldmark is now penalizing us for combining whereas before they were overly generous. I believe the prorated number of points based on when the transfer completes would be the fairest but those days are over. Much as I love my 20000 point account I have been thinking seriously about buying either a 5000 point account or a 7000 point account to get more waitlists, 2 bonus times, and put a different family member on the account so they can stay without a guest fee. I have been looking for the perfect time to purchase.
Joan

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:30 pm   

After complaining to title services, Wyndham eventually added 10,000 credits with May 2022 expiration to my account. They pretended there was no problem for a long time.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:45 pm   

=D>

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun 2020 4:18 pm   

It is the right thing for them to do under the circumstances. I’m glad it worked out for you. Hopefully this will get you more time for skiing...

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jun 2020 9:02 am   

Great news. I'm glad you were persistent.