Register
It is currently Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:51 am

Why have 2 accounts versus 1 account

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 PostPosted: Mon 17 Dec 2018 9:07 pm   

To take advantage of the guest cert with multiple accounts they would all have to have different owners, it doesnt matter if you have 2 or 3 accounts, If you are the owner of all, you can only have one reservation in your name, PERIOD!. So have an account in you and your spouses name, have an account in your kid and their spouse or in 2 of your kids names, that could give you 4 units without guest certificate fees.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Dec 2018 9:41 pm   

odaddy wrote:
To take advantage of the guest cert with multiple accounts they would all have to have different owners, it doesnt matter if you have 2 or 3 accounts, If you are the owner of all, you can only have one reservation in your name, PERIOD!. So have an account in you and your spouses name, have an account in your kid and their spouse or in 2 of your kids names, that could give you 4 units without guest certificate fees.

darn. I re-read the guidelines and agree it won't fly. Deleted my post to avoid future confusion.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Fri 08 Nov 2019 1:26 pm   

This was an interesting thread. Given the fact that you cannot transfer HKTs and annual transfer limit is 2x account size, I wonder if owning accounts < 10k still makes sense in 2019.

Dues difference between 5k and 10k is $330, and you can sell 5k credits for $350. I personally think owning 10k accounts makes more sense since it enables you to utilize your HKT on larger units (which cost more points).

6k and 7k accounts are available for cheap right now though. After you deduct the cost of credits in the account, the prices are often < $500 for the account.

PostPosted: Fri 08 Nov 2019 2:06 pm   

The 2x limit doesn't come into play in the 10K and 5K combination. You can transfer 10K, per year, to the 5K account. You would book, whatever you can, with the 5K account, and transfer any balance to the 10K account, of credits were needed.

Since this thread was started, wait listing was reduced from 8 to 4 requests. Having an additional account, for an extra 4 wait list requests, may be worth the additional annual fees.

Also, II cancellations tend to have problems with crediting back to your account. I have 1 account for II exchanges and others for WM reservations.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Fri 08 Nov 2019 3:13 pm   

Great point. I think I underestimated the ability of a 5k account to make large reservations. Even the 5k account can make a decent-sized reservation with 10k transferred in, current credits and borrowed credits.

You can leave some credits in that account in anticipation of waitlist matches. Since WM is so flexible, the possibility of expiring credits is low for those of us who like to go on trips. My current waitlists are for 3-night weekend reservations in a 2 or 3 BR, so I can see how a 5k account can work just fine with those.

The premium paid over a 10k account is ~ $200 but an extra HKT comes with 2x 5k accounts. So it's about $100 in cost to have 2x 5k vs. 10k. Probably worth it for those waitlists.

PostPosted: Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:32 am   

For future reference, the formula for MF calculation goes like this:

Fixed fee + Roundup(# credits/2500, 0) * Fee per 2500 credits

For 2019:

Fixed fee per account= 212.35
Fee per 2500 credits = 164.66

PostPosted: Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:40 am   

skibeaver wrote:
For future reference, the formula for MF calculation goes like this:

Fixed fee + Roundup(# credits/2500, 0) * Fee per 2500 credits

For 2019:

Fixed fee per account= 212.35
Fee per 2500 credits = 164.66

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37776&start=30
see the last post for 2019 MF

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep 2020 12:32 pm   

Is this information still relevant to today's WorldMark procedures?

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:44 pm   

ISiCK wrote:

yes.

Add in the ability to book reservations with overlapping dates as an advantage to having a second account.

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep 2020 2:18 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
ISiCK wrote:

yes.

Add in the ability to book reservations with overlapping dates as an advantage to having a second account.

One of the earlier comments says a 2nd account would NOT give you access to more overlapping reservations (with the same owners on both), as they look at owners not accounts. That is not what I understood - can anyone confirm this is true? Meaning, has anyone tried this with two accounts with the same owners on them and been denied or warned that they have to have a GC on any extra overlapping reservations?

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep 2020 4:45 pm   

ISiCK wrote:

Welcome ISiCK:
How did you find us? Are you an Owner or researching Ownership?

PostPosted: Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:25 pm   

javanite wrote:
ISiCK wrote:

Welcome ISiCK:
How did you find us? Are you an Owner or researching Ownership?

Hi there! I went to Vegas and signed up for the Discovery program and I have actually really been enjoying WorldMark so far!

I started looking on eBay to purchase points and it sounds like a steal some of the prices I've seen on there! I am thinking about buying in soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7