Register
It is currently Sun 05 Jul 2020 5:15 pm

Shuffle Credit question

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2020 11:49 am   

I have read some threads about credit shuffle. I have never done it, but I would like to see if I can get confirmation before I cancel a reservation.

This is my summary. I have 3 reservations totaling about 22k credits. My last reservation, I made it borrowing credits from next year and the reservation is for 6/6/21. My next reservation is on 12/20/20 with expired credits. The third reservations has some expired points, this is a March 2021 reservation.

First question, if I click on to cancel the March reservation, will I get a expired credit warning prior to cancelling?
If I do get the warning and cancel, do I loosed the credits right there?
If no expired warning, credits should shuffle in the evening and I should get back part of the 2021 credits in the account?

Thanks for any information that you can provide!

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2020 3:05 pm   

Quote:
First question, if I click on to cancel the March reservation, will I get a expired credit warning prior to cancelling?
If I do get the warning and cancel, do I loosed the credits right there?
If no expired warning, credits should shuffle in the evening and I should get back part of the 2021 credits in the account?

If things work the way they are supposed to, the answer to all 3 of those questions is yes. However, you can't count on things going the way they are supposed to. Sometimes, they turn off the credit shuffle part of the program. Sometimes things just screw up. So what you should do:

Call and cancel that reservation. At the same time, have the rep make another reservation to hold the expired credits. That reservation should be sometime after the June reservation (if possible, depending on the expiration date of those credits). The next time the credit shuffle runs, which should be nightly but not always, your credits will shuffle. If not, they are safe in the other reservation. Before cancelling that other reservation, call and have them check the expiration dates. If the credit shuffle is turned off and your expired credits are sitting loose in the account, you will lose them and won't be able to get them back. You will probably be ok, but I've lost credits this way and it's worth taking the small amount of effort to cancel by phone instead of online.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2020 6:27 pm   

Great, thanks again for your help!

Tony

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2020 6:33 pm   

Yes, if you click on to cancel a reservation, which has expired credits, you will get a warning and the amounts and expiration dates will be shown.

You will not lose the credits immediately. The warning will tell you that you need to rebook immediately or lose the credits.

Non expired credits should shuffle overnight.

I normally do not call in to cancel. I cancel and rebook online, but as Sue said, you may not want to take chances. During this coronavirus time, they are extending the expiration dates of credits, so I would call in.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2020 8:18 pm   

The answer to the " will I get a warning question" is maybe.

I cancelled many reservations with expired credits and have rarely received the warning.
I almost always cancel and rebook online, but as Jim P once said, don't cancel when they're closed, just in case.

Never leave expired credits or HK loose in your account. Do you have expired HK too?

One other caveat for people who might be cancelling / rebookiing in the coming weeks, is to note when are reservations open at what resorts.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:43 am   

Just to follow up on this. I did click on the cancel when I was calling, and it did show that 3450 credits, or so, are expired and that I needed to book that day to avoid losing them. I waited about an hour and finally spoke with Rep. She was able to cancel the reservation, but she did not allow me to book anything after March 2021 (which was the original reservation that I cancelled). Is this correct? I thought I would book something for June or July to shuffle the credits, but she did not let me.

BTW some credits did shuffle as I got them back from 2021.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2020 12:52 pm   

Tony_I wrote:
Just to follow up on this. I did click on the cancel when I was calling, and it did show that 3450 credits, or so, are expired and that I needed to book that day to avoid losing them. I waited about an hour and finally spoke with Rep. She was able to cancel the reservation, but she did not allow me to book anything after March 2021 (which was the original reservation that I cancelled). Is this correct? I thought I would book something for June or July to shuffle the credits, but she did not let me.

BTW some credits did shuffle as I got them back from 2021.

Thanks again!

It all depends on the expiration dates of those credits. If they expired Feb 2020, then March of 21 is as far out as you can book.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:08 pm   

Currently, until July 15th...

1. You can book expired 2019 credits for reservations through 12/31/20. Some accounts are glitchy and you may not be able to book online. Also, you can call VPC and they will send a form, to owner services, to extend your credits to 12/1/19.

2. You can book expired 2020 credits for reservations through 6/30/21. Some accounts are glitchy and you may not be able to book online. Also, you can call VPC and they will send a form, to owner services, to extend your credits to 6/1/20.

HK Tokens may not be extended.

You experience with VPC may differ between agents. I called 4 different times and got 3 different answers.

Deleting expired credits, while shuffling, is turned off until July 15, 2020. I wouldn't leave credits outside a reservation if possible though.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:24 pm   

Sue1947 wrote:

It all depends on the expiration dates of those credits. If they expired Feb 2020, then March of 21 is as far out as you can book.

Sue

Perfect! Yes, my account renews on February. This is great though, so much flexibility is appreciated! Hopefully I can enjoy my 2021 reservations!

Thanks again for your responses!