Register
It is currently Thu 19 Oct 2017 12:56 am

II Deposits Received, and Their Trade Power

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb 2012 12:53 pm   

Background
WM determines what resort and week you will get in a Deposit First. You only have the choice of the season (e.g. blue/green) and size (e.g. studio). Credits will be deducted as per the Exchange Grid
viewtopic.php?t=10111

For risks associated with Deposit First, see
viewtopic.php?t=26192

Also other threads in the Vacation Exchange Info forum.

For a basic understanding of how Worldmark exchanges work, see
viewtopic.php?t=6204

This thread is for reporting what deposits have been given out in the recent past. Hopefully it will help in deciding what season and size to request, if you decide to try Deposit First.

Please also report the exchange company into which the deposit was made, and the deposit's trade power (that you can see). You may also come back and report what exchanges you have gotten from it.

Last week, II:
green studio: Galena, Nov 30, 2012 check-in
green 2BR: Birch Bay, Nov 30, 2012 CI (4 weeks)

Both have very weak trade power.

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb 2012 4:55 pm   

About a month ago, I deposited 5,000 credits and received a 1BR at Clear Lake in Week 48 2012.

It appears to have reasonable trading power.

Good idea for a thread.

Best,

Greg

PostPosted: Thu 23 Feb 2012 9:16 pm   

II, green 3BR - week 48 Seaside; reported by jdunn1:

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 053#296053

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Wed 29 Feb 2012 3:33 pm   

Requested two 6,000 point 2 bd spacebank to II on 2/21/2012
2/29/2012 (2) WorldMark Clear Lake weeks showed up in II. Weeks are Dec7-14 (wk 49)
Testing with a So. Cal search it pulled everything the 3 bd float did minus two December weeks at Marriott Newport Coast. It did pull all the Welk weeks.

PostPosted: Sat 03 Mar 2012 1:35 pm   

Pulled a 2 bedroom at the Marriott Newport Coast with an EC 2bed 6k deposit.

This was for specific dates, so was pleased to get it.

:wave:

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar 2012 2:36 pm   

I was a little nervous that I might get a repeat of Ada's recent dog deposit. I called Wednesday to deposit a Blue 3BR unit and noticed today that WM deposited a week 48 Clear Lake. As far as I can tell, it sees everything that a floating unit sees.

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar 2012 3:03 pm   

K2Quick wrote:
I was a little nervous that I might get a repeat of Ada's recent dog deposit. I called Wednesday to deposit a Blue 3BR unit and noticed today that WM deposited a week 48 Clear Lake. As far as I can tell, it sees everything that a floating unit sees.

Good! :wave:

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar 2012 4:12 pm   

K2Quick wrote:

Great! I just joined II but haven't done a deposit yet. We're waiting to see what Flexchange we can get.

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar 2012 7:50 pm   

DixieDeer wrote:
Great! I just joined II but haven't done a deposit yet. We're waiting to see what Flexchange we can get.

Let us know what you get? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat 10 Mar 2012 7:57 am   

Deposited 5000 pts on 2/28. Today a 1-Bed Grand Lake, week 48 showed up. Its not the greatest, it can't see the two studios for Ko Olina that showed up with the 3-bed float.

PostPosted: Sat 10 Mar 2012 1:36 pm   

slum808 wrote:
Deposited 5000 pts on 2/28. Today a 1-Bed Grand Lake, week 48 showed up. Its not the greatest, it can't see the two studios for Ko Olina that showed up with the 3-bed float.
That's awful!

Grand Lake is the biggest dog in the system, regardless of season.

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Sun 11 Mar 2012 7:29 am   

slum808 wrote:

Book it with the 3BR float, then call and ask them you switch the deposit week. It normally works for me, YMMV.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Sun 11 Mar 2012 6:53 pm   

slum808 wrote:

Grand Lake (and Galena) is weak. If you were looking just before you posted (7:57 am Pacific time), now that you have a deposit, consistent looking in the early morning hours (4 am) might improve your luck. But then, the savings in dollars (between a blue deposit and the Float unit) may not be worth it for some.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar 2012 6:58 pm   

I'm thinking of starting an ongoing search with my dud and just let it run to see what it picks up. Ko Olina is only 30 mins away, so if it hits it hits.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar 2012 8:47 pm   

slum808 wrote:
I'm thinking of starting an ongoing search with my dud and just let it run to see what it picks up. Ko Olina is only 30 mins away, so if it hits it hits.

Did you mean that you live on Oahu and Ko Olina is only 30 mins away from where you live?

An ongoing search is a good idea, as long as you remember to check at least one or two times a day, so that you don't get caught with being outside the 24-hour cancellation window. Also, know that you can't ongoing-search for more than a 1BR with a 1BR, unless it's a resort with only the large sizes (which Ko Olina is not).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next