Register
It is currently Mon 30 Nov 2020 12:19 am

II Deposits Received, and Their Trade Power

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep 2020 8:21 pm   

I made 2 deposits way back when - both 2 BR green. They both never showed up in II. I called OC and got a helpful lady who recorded all my information and sent it to the right folks. I later had a call that they had found the error and I would hear something soon. A few days later I had 2 deposits - both for the same week - early December 2 BR at Pinetop in Arizona. They were identical weeks. I am happy to finally get it resolved but am not sure how well the deposits will fare. I've been to Pinetop and it is nice but I don't know about early December.

tom

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep 2020 8:46 pm   

Which Dec week?
Way back, I got an early Nov green week at Pinetop and traded it for an October, leaf peeping week at Harbor Ridge at Acadia NP. It was the second week of a 2week trip so it was the tail end of prime leaf time. The TDI for the Pinetop week is 90 while the TDI for the Harbor Ridge week is 130. A good trade. But the bottom line, is it got me into the resort I wanted at the time I wanted which is the whole purpose.

However, that was 2008 and a lot has changed. However, with all the cancellations this year, I"ve seen some really good stuff come through that I never should have been able to pull. It just kills me not to be able to grab some of it.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep 2020 8:14 am   

It is likely Dec 4, because that's what is out there now. Just updated Sightings.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Sep 2020 7:41 pm   

WHERE DO i FIND THE tdi NUMBERS. mUST BE rci WHICH i DOI NOT HAVE - BUT MY DAUGHTER DOES SO i COULD BOOTLEG A PEEK IF NECESSARY. :mrgreen:

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Sep 2020 8:29 pm   

tquayle wrote:
WHERE DO i FIND THE tdi NUMBERS. mUST BE rci WHICH i DOI NOT HAVE - BUT MY DAUGHTER DOES SO i COULD BOOTLEG A PEEK IF NECESSARY. :mrgreen:

Go to the II Resort Directory and then to the page on the resort you are interested in. Under Resort Information, on the right, you will see a link to the Travel Demand Index. Click on that. You will get a chart from 50-150 showing the desirability of different weeks of the year. The chart is for a region, and not the specific resort, but it gives you an idea of the trade power of the week you have.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep 2020 3:33 pm   

Thanks Sue. You are so helpful.

PostPosted: Sat 12 Sep 2020 10:17 am   

In the future, I would love to go back to HHI, SC. I stayed there last year with DVC, but while I was there I noticed a lot of Marriotts to trade into. I saw this morning that Marriotts Barony Beach (MBY) is available on flex for 9/25/2020 right now. Maaaaaaan, I wish I could just pick up and go!

So - would this be an ok trade to try to get with a deposit? Or would a resort of this caliber never show up with a banked week and should I just do an ogs with full credits way ahead of time? I tend to travel in shoulder season, late April/May and Sept/Oct.

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Sun 13 Sep 2020 4:39 am   

Great3 wrote:
Great3 wrote:

Today, I logged into my II account, and I see:

WorldMark Grand Lake - WGN
Unit: UUU2(2 Bedrooms)
Week: 49 Fri, December 07, 2018 Fri, December 14, 2018

From what I read, it seems like it's will be a dog, but I guess I will find out. I will report back later what it got traded for.

Thanks,
Great3

Well, this one was a lot harder to find an exchange for what I wanted, but I am happy to report I ended getting a studio in Maui, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North (KAN), for Sept. next year. Would have prefer a one bedroom, but hey, at least I got Hawaii still :)

From what I read so far, it seems like all the studios at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North (KAN) have a 2-burner cooktop, large Refrigerator, and Washer/Dryer, which are the biggest reasons why I want a 1 bedroom in the first place. So, it seems like a Westin studio in Maui will work well enough for me, and I feel very lucky to be able to get this trade with a WorldMark Grand Lake unit.

Great3

Well, the Maui trip this month didn't come to fruition. Was so looking forward to it!!! Oh well. I ended up E-Plus'ing temporarily to Marriott's Grand Residence, Lake Tahoe for Oct. 2021 as a placeholder. Although Lake Tahoe currently isn't on list of places to visit, I was looking for somewhere and a unit I think I wouldn't mind being at if that's what I am stuck with as far out into 2021 as possible. I have 1 more EPlus trade left to find something I really want, but I think I will be happy with this trade even if I end up going to Lake Tahoe. Just hope it's not too cold if I do go. It's still an amazing trade for the WorldMark Grand Lake dog of a unit I got.

Great3

PostPosted: Sun 13 Sep 2020 4:46 am   

crystalpokorny wrote:
In the future, I would love to go back to HHI, SC. I stayed there last year with DVC, but while I was there I noticed a lot of Marriotts to trade into. I saw this morning that Marriotts Barony Beach (MBY) is available on flex for 9/25/2020 right now. Maaaaaaan, I wish I could just pick up and go!

So - would this be an ok trade to try to get with a deposit? Or would a resort of this caliber never show up with a banked week and should I just do an ogs with full credits way ahead of time? I tend to travel in shoulder season, late April/May and Sept/Oct.

I think you will be fine depending on the unit you got deposited by WM. I see Marriott's on HHI many times with the various deposits I gotten from WM. Of course, nothing is guarantee, YMMV. I say go for it if your schedule is pretty flexible to go anytime of the year. And good luck!!!

Great3

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep 2020 8:23 am   

Hilton Head Marriotts are only difficult during summer / holiday.

Last year, a member here said he got multiple units at Grande Ocean with his blue deposits.

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2020 8:58 am   

I spacebanked 6,000 credits for a 2BR green resort into II. It took almost two weeks to hit my II account and I received a WorldMark Palm Springs week 26, which covers 4th of July. I'm quite happy with this because it is TDI 100 on II. It is a much better than what I was expecting and I expect to be able to reserve something good with this deposit.

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2020 1:01 pm   

Congratulations! That's about as good as it gets. You will do fine with that deposit.

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2020 1:59 pm   

On 11/10/20 I spacebanked a 1 bedroom Green 5k deposit to Interval. Today 11/19/20 I received a Worldmark Palm Springs week 26 covering the 4th of July Holiday.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2020 8:45 am   

Congratulations! what are you hoping to use it for?

PostPosted: Wed 25 Nov 2020 7:34 am   

Marathoner wrote:
I spacebanked 6,000 credits for a 2BR green resort into II. It took almost two weeks to hit my II account and I received a WorldMark Palm Springs week 26, which covers 4th of July. I'm quite happy with this because it is TDI 100 on II. It is a much better than what I was expecting and I expect to be able to reserve something good with this deposit.

Thanks for the update. After seeing this, I decided not to wait until my normal time of mid-Dec timeframe to do the spacebank. Today, I did a green 2-bedroom, 6000 credits spacebank to II. I sure hope I get something at Palm Springs in summer time, those deposits been good to me.

I will report back what I get when I see the unit in II.

Great3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36