Register
It is currently Sun 25 Oct 2020 2:45 am

Need to pay HK fee for RCI exchange

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:26 am   

I made an RCI exchange on 9/15. Yesterday, I received the letter reminding me to pay the $112 housekeeping.
I called yesterday and got the overseas desk. She wanted to transfer me to RCI. I explained that the money does not go to RCI. She put me on hold, and I decided to hang up.

I called again this morning, and got a US based employee, but same result. She wanted to transfer me to RCI. I said, no, you can transfer me to owner care, if you wish. She put me on hold as she looked over my account. She came back with a non-sensical, "the only charge I see on your account is housekeeping for a Dolphin's Cove reservation". I told her I'd call back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:00 pm   

3rd time worked. VPC James (most likely overseas) understood what I needed and took care of it in record time.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2020 9:53 pm   

I'm glad it worked out. I'm still trying to pay II for a HK and credits for a flex at the end of August. Usually they take credits and hk so fast that if you cancel within the 24 hours, it's already gone and takes 2-3 weeks to get back!

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct 2020 7:31 am   

Flex is wildly erratic. Unpredictable.

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct 2020 9:20 am   

javanite wrote:
I made an RCI exchange on 9/15. Yesterday, I received the letter reminding me to pay the $112 housekeeping.
I called yesterday and got the overseas desk. She wanted to transfer me to RCI. I explained that the money does not go to RCI. She put me on hold, and I decided to hang up.

I called again this morning, and got a US based employee, but same result. She wanted to transfer me to RCI. I said, no, you can transfer me to owner care, if you wish. She put me on hold as she looked over my account. She came back with a non-sensical, "the only charge I see on your account is housekeeping for a Dolphin's Cove reservation". I told her I'd call back tomorrow.

It appears that Wyndham is not giving much effective training to its hires - overseas or in the USA.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved: