Register
It is currently Wed 12 Aug 2020 3:34 am

II Cancellations due to Covid-19

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr 2020 4:05 pm   

I'm not sure. I have a flexchange with three e-plus retrades for May 8th. They said I could book anything available up to May 7th, 2021. I would then have two retrades left. I was surprised how soon I was able to get through and how helpful the person I talked to was. I would just call them.

WM Visits: Bear Lake, Wolf Creek 15, Oceanside 5, Discovery Bay, Las Vegas 6, Lake of the Ozarks, Orlando, FF Pompano Beach, St. George 9, Corla Baja, Kihei, McCall, Midway, Estes Park, Depoe Bay, Bass Lake, West Yellowstone, Sundance, Park City

Exchanges: Sol Mar (Cabo) Marriott Mountainside (Park City) Oyster Bay Beach Restort (St. Martin) Lawai Beach Resort (Kauai). Marriott Maui Beach Club (Maui), Ptarmagin (Whitefish, MT) Kona Coast Resort (Big Island), Royal Sands (Cancun), Marriott Grande Vista (Orlando), Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Harbor Ridge (Maine), Paniola Greens (Hawaii), Marriott Canyon Villas at Deseret Ridge (Phoenix), Four Seasons Aviara, Marriott Kauai Beach Club The Point at Poipu, Royal Islander

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr 2020 8:06 pm   

kpatchett wrote:
beacgnin5 wrote:
II has updated it's cancellation policy.

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year

Are you required to book something currently available or do they give you a "My Unit" with which you can establish a pending search?

You can get a cert but it has some limitations. Based on my experience, you will get a better option with more flexibility if you choose a week. They did the transfer without using one of the eplus retrades so you would be able to move to something else when more is deposited. I chose a week in Dec 2021 (based on the expiration of my existing trade) and now have plenty of time to find an alternative once more things are deposited. Another week was traded into a week in October even though the original had a end date of Sept. The original end date was kept in both cases so while I have the Oct week, I can only move it to Sept or earlier so I won't change that one.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr 2020 1:04 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
kpatchett wrote:
beacgnin5 wrote:
II has updated it's cancellation policy.

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year

Are you required to book something currently available or do they give you a "My Unit" with which you can establish a pending search?

You can get a cert but it has some limitations. Based on my experience, you will get a better option with more flexibility if you choose a week. They did the transfer without using one of the eplus retrades so you would be able to move to something else when more is deposited. I chose a week in Dec 2021 (based on the expiration of my existing trade) and now have plenty of time to find an alternative once more things are deposited. Another week was traded into a week in October even though the original had a end date of Sept. The original end date was kept in both cases so while I have the Oct week, I can only move it to Sept or earlier so I won't change that one.

Sue

My exchange was made with the last of three e-pluses. Maybe they'll let me book something and reset the clock on e-plus. Still waiting for my WM points back they took on the latest e=plus trade.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr 2020 6:19 pm   

I cancelled on 3/26. Still no certificate in my account that I can see.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr 2020 9:02 am   

Anthony - that's too long.
Write Mark to ask about it.

tugmembers@intervalintl.com

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr 2020 1:13 pm   

I called. They are still working on mid-March. II is manually doing these, about 5,000 per day.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Sat 11 Apr 2020 5:20 am   

Wow - I'm sorry to hear the certificates are taking so long.

Another II member suggested that II should have just given each member with an affected Exchange a complimentary "e-plus", and let the customers rebook their exchanges with the retrades. That might have been the easiest way to deal with this.

----
However, I don't know if Exchanges are the bulk of their work, or whether Getaways and ACs make up the bulk of their transactions.

PostPosted: Sun 24 May 2020 12:49 pm   

II updated their cancellation policy on May 21. The key date is May 31. I can't tell what changed, but noticed this added sentence in several places:

Note: If your check-in date is after May 31, 2020, and if the resort to which you are confirmed is anticipated to be closed on your check-in date, or COVID-19-related travel restrictions limit your ability to travel to or stay at the resort, please contact the member-services team for assistance.

I think the bolded part might be new with reference to Hawaii and Canada quarantine restrictions.

Here's the link to the full page of details:
https://www.intervalworld.com/web/my/info/benefits/update

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Sun 24 May 2020 1:27 pm   

The previous update was for reservations up to May 31st. It appears that after May 31st, it's back to the original cancellation policy.

Quote:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update [May 21, 2020]
As our communities consider how and when to welcome visitors back, we continue to closely monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our affiliated resorts and your vacations.

Please be advised that due to COVID-19, certain destinations are restricting entry or requiring visitors to quarantine upon arrival. Additionally, the availability of resort amenities and services, as well as local tourist offerings, may be limited. These travel requirements change frequently, so we encourage you to review governmental guidance applicable to your destination to confirm travel eligibility, and to contact the resort for the latest information.

Because we care about your safety and understand that you may not be able to travel right now, we are providing you with guidance if you have to cancel a vacation. If you purchased Trip Protection for your exchange or Getaway, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 800-419-7642. If you did not purchase Trip Protection or if the reason for your cancellation is not covered by Trip Protection, see below for our temporary adjustments to our cancellation policies.*

In addition to these policy adjustments, we want you to know that if the resort to which you are confirmed is anticipated to be closed at the time of your travel or COVID-19-related travel restrictions limit your ability to travel to or stay at the resort, we are prepared to assist you in exploring other vacation options. Just contact our member-services team for assistance.

We are thinking of you — please stay safe.

EXCHANGE CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

GETAWAY CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

INTERVAL OPTIONS (CRUISE EXCHANGE AND HOTEL EXCHANGE) CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

EXCHANGE CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

=== If you cancel an exchange confirmed on or before March 14, 2020, with travel between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020** ===

Option 1: Request an instant confirmation for an alternative destination and/or travel date.***

Do I have a booking window? No, as the substitute accommodations are confirmed at the time of cancellation.
Do I pay an additional exchange fee? No.
When do I need to complete travel? By December 31, 2020.

Note: If your check-in date is after May 31, 2020, and if the resort to which you are confirmed is anticipated to be closed on your check-in date, or COVID-19-related travel restrictions limit your ability to travel to or stay at the resort, please contact the member-services team for assistance.

Option 2: Cancel your exchange seven days or more in advance of travel under the standard Interval International Exchange Cancellation Policy, and request substitute exchange accommodations.

Do I have a booking window? Yes. It will be based on how many days in advance of the check-in date you cancel. For example, if you cancel 59 days or less in advance of travel, you can request substitute accommodations through our Flexchange® service — from 59 days to 24 hours in advance of your desired check-in date.
Do I pay an additional exchange fee? Yes.
When do I need to complete travel? Within 12 months of the cancellation date.

Option 3: Request a no-fee Accommodations Certificate.

Do I have a booking window? Yes. It will be open through the travel expiration date.
When do I need to complete travel? You’ll have one year to travel from the date of cancellation.

=== If you cancel an exchange confirmed on or before March 14, 2020, with travel on or after June 1, 2020 ===

Option: These cancellations will be handled under the standard Interval International Exchange Cancellation Policy.

Do I have a booking window? It depends on how many days in advance of travel the cancellation is received.
Do I pay an additional exchange fee? Yes, unless you cancel because the resort is closed to inbound guests. In that case, the additional exchange fee will be waived.
When do I need to complete travel? Within 12 months of the date of cancellation.

=== If you cancel an exchange initially confirmed between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, with travel before December 31, 2020**** ===

Option: Request an instant confirmation for an alternative destination and/or travel date.

Do I have a booking window? No, as the substitute accommodations are confirmed at the time of cancellation.
When do I need to complete travel? There’s no restriction on your travel date.

GETAWAY CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

=== If you cancel a booked Getaway, with travel between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020 ===

Option 1: Apply the price of your canceled Getaway toward a newly booked Getaway at the time of cancellation.

Do I pay an additional fee? You will pay the difference between the price of the newly booked Getaway and the price of the canceled Getaway.

Option 2: If an acceptable alternative Getaway selection is not available when you cancel, you can receive a no-fee Accommodations Certificate.

Do I have a booking window? Yes. It will be open through the travel expiration date.
Do I pay an additional fee? No.
When do I need to complete travel? You’ll have one year to travel from the date of cancellation.

=== If you cancel a Getaway initially booked between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, with travel before December 31, 2020***** ===

Option: Cancel seven days or more in advance of travel and apply the price of the canceled Getaway toward a newly booked Getaway.

Do I pay an additional fee? You will pay the difference between the price of the newly booked Getaway and the price of the canceled Getaway.

INTERVAL OPTIONS CANCELLATION POLICY ADJUSTMENTS

Adjusting any Interval Options exchange is wholly dependent on the cancellation policy of the third-party provider. We recommend contacting our Member-Services Center for assistance, but here’s some guidance regarding these cancellations:

=== If you cancel a cruise exchange or hotel exchange confirmed on or before March 14, 2020, with travel between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020 ===

Cruise exchange: We will refund any portion of the supplemental fee to the extent that the third-party provider refunds a portion of the fee to Interval. Or, the third-party provider may provide a credit for future use.

Hotel exchange: We will refund any portion of the additional payment made at the time of the exchange confirmation to the extent that the third-party provider or hotel refunds a portion of the fee to Interval.

Option 1: Request an instant confirmation for an alternative destination and/or travel date at the time of cancellation.

Option 2: If an acceptable selection is not available when you cancel, you can receive a no-fee replacement-week certificate.

=== If you cancel a cruise exchange or hotel exchange confirmed on or before March 14, 2020, with travel on or after June 1, 2020 ===

Our standard cancellation policy applies.

*Except as expressly modified herein, Interval’s standard terms and conditions of membership and exchange apply. These adjustments are subject to modification, from time to time, based on the requirements of applicable national, state, or local laws.

**Includes confirmations issued based on member’s final retrade under E-Plus.

***In requesting substitute accommodations, members are not required to use, and Interval will not deduct from a member’s account, retrades that are available through E-Plus, based on its purchase in conjunction with the canceled exchange transaction. Further, E-Plus may be purchased in conjunction with the confirmation of these substitute confirmations if E-Plus was not previously purchased for the canceled exchange transaction. Where E-Plus was previously purchased for the canceled exchange transaction, available retrades may be applied to the substitute accommodations confirmed to the member. Any cancellation of these substitute accommodations is subject to the Interval International Exchange Cancellation Policy and will require the payment of an additional exchange fee.

****Retrades of confirmations originally issued prior to March 14, 2020, are ineligible.

*****The re-booking of Getaways originally confirmed prior to March 14, 2020, are ineligible. The substitute Getaways issued as a result of this modified policy are nonrefundable.

PostPosted: Sun 24 May 2020 3:33 pm   

They're handling June and later on a case by case basis. If the resort is closed, or you cannot travel due to quarantine, or border is closed, you may get a no-fee certificate.

Mark handled the June exchanges to Ko Olina I had made for my brother. (I was approaching the 14 day mark on the "standard cancellation policy", so I wrote asking for advice. I had no idea that the quarantine was going to get me a no-fee certificate". What a pleasant surprise. I had hoped the quarantine would be lifted, but at least this gives a "second chance".)

---
If, however, you just don't want to travel, or your is exchange is to Orlando while WDW is closed, and you don't want to go, then there's likely no way out.

Thankfully, most of the US is opening up, and we hope to travel "somewhere" in July.

---
We drove to Shake Shack today, and saw more people on the freeway than we have in recent weeks. People are going places again! :D

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul 2020 9:34 am   

I was able to retrade/cancel the 2 weeks I had for the fall.

I had moved two weeks from April to Oct/Nov but both were in Canada where travel from the US isn't going to happen. II moved the Oct 2020 week to an Oct 2021 week elsewhere. That week had 2 eplus moves left, but an eplus expiration of Sept 2020 making it useless. They weren't able to change or remove the eplus expiration date, but could move it to another week that was available. The Oct 2021 week (Wapato Point in WA) is a lesser week than what I had (Sunrise Ridge on Vancouver Island) but it was available and gives me a year to find something else. I'll have to call in if I find something else to use the remaining eplus. However, the week is something I can use and gives me breathing space. The underlying week was a July 2019 Palm Springs week that would normally expire in July 2021 so this is beyond the normal cancellation dates.
The other week was a Victoria in Nov. They cancelled that week and gave me an AC that you can search with good through Dec 2020. I think/assume this is the replacement week they were offering before. It has a lot more options available than the other AC. This is more than I expected.

I am very pleased with the way II has handled this and my end result is better than I expected given the circumstances. I now have 3 weeks to work on but breathing space and enough time to find better options.

Sue

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul 2020 12:21 pm   

sue1947 wrote:
I was able to retrade/cancel the 2 weeks I had for the fall.

I had moved two weeks from April to Oct/Nov but both were in Canada where travel from the US isn't going to happen. II moved the Oct 2020 week to an Oct 2021 week elsewhere. That week had 2 eplus moves left, but an eplus expiration of Sept 2020 making it useless. They weren't able to change or remove the eplus expiration date, but could move it to another week that was available. The Oct 2021 week (Wapato Point in WA) is a lesser week than what I had (Sunrise Ridge on Vancouver Island) but it was available and gives me a year to find something else. I'll have to call in if I find something else to use the remaining eplus. However, the week is something I can use and gives me breathing space. The underlying week was a July 2019 Palm Springs week that would normally expire in July 2021 so this is beyond the normal cancellation dates.
The other week was a Victoria in Nov. They cancelled that week and gave me an AC that you can search with good through Dec 2020. I think/assume this is the replacement week they were offering before. It has a lot more options available than the other AC. This is more than I expected.

I am very pleased with the way II has handled this and my end result is better than I expected given the circumstances. I now have 3 weeks to work on but breathing space and enough time to find better options.

Sue

Nice to hear. Is the AC only valid till Dec 2020 or Dec 2021? I'm guessing you had no e-plus options left on that exchange.

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:54 pm   

skibeaver wrote:

Nice to hear. Is the AC only valid till Dec 2020 or Dec 2021? I'm guessing you had no e-plus options left on that exchange.

Dec 2020. It was originally an AC with the typical limitations. This one is much stronger and I can set up a search so it's a definite upgrade from where I started.

Sue

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jul 2020 7:10 pm   

Hi Sue:
Thanks for sharing your good news. Now you have time to plan travel based upon where you want to go as well as what is open. Let us know if you’re seeking a particular resort.
Cheers, Maria