Register
It is currently Wed 20 Jan 2021 8:55 am

Welcome to WMOwners.COM! New members introduce yourselves!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020 4:56 pm   

haha. I love it. The cool thing about Escalon and Oakdale is how many global visitors we get traveling through to Yosemite. It's kinda neat to speak to people from all over the world in our grocery store parking lots as they travel through.

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020 7:11 pm   

My uncle lived in Oakdale for several years when I was a kid, and we visited very often. The smell of the Hershey factory as you drove into town was incredible. I'm so sorry it closed.

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:24 pm   

Howdy! We are Mike and Jane, hailing from Texas. This isn't our first post, but our WM ownership has recently dramatically changed so we will have questions.

Mike's parents just gave us their Platinum Elite account, which they started back with TrendWest and then added to over the years. We added this to our own 20,000 credits (7K of which we bought ourselves in 2017 and the rest were a gift from Mike's parents through a split/combine).

Now we are trying to figure out what to do with all these credits. We love visiting the WM resorts with our 2 kiddos (tweens), but we have many years to go before retirement.

Of course, we are making plans to visit some new resorts, but as for the rest of the credits we are considering:
- offering credits for rent
- personal choice

Renting the credits seems to be the best plan - right? How can I get started with this? I've seen the threads and instructions, but I am a newbie - not exactly a trusted seller (yet).

About us:
Since we are in Texas we have been to New Braunfels a bunch of times. We LOVE Worldmark New Braunfels. When they were really little the kids called it "Hotel Home." We've also been to Hunt, Austin, and Marble Falls and we are going back to Hunt for Labor Day weekend. That pool!

We have also been to Seattle - Camlin, San Francisco, Depoe Bay, Seaside, New Orleans, and St. George. We have reservations for San Jose del Cabo and Tahoe South Shores.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Jane (and Mike)

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jul 2020 9:13 pm   

It seems like you have done well with your travels. Coral Baja in San Jose del Cabo is one of our favorite Resorts. If you rent a car (which is what we recommend and what we do) a little clue. You can not turn directly into the Resort from the Highway. There is a center divider. You go past the Resort to the Returno (about 1 km) go down, turn left, go under the Highway, drive up the ramp to the Highway. So when you leave the Resort you can not turn left toward Cabo San Lucas. You travel towards San Jose and at the big Round About (Traffic Circle) you go around to go back towards San Lucas. There are two large grocery stores at this large Traffic Circle. If you are going anytime from May to October I hope you like it hot.

Have you thought about Fiji or Australia? We have been to Fiji, New Zealand, Sydney and had a grand time. We have been to Tasmania twice. We have enjoyed Park City and St George. We greatly enjoy Victoria and Vancouver BC.

Personal Choice is one of the worse uses of Worldmark Credits.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

Last edited by geist1223 on Wed 29 Jul 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jul 2020 6:19 pm   

Thank you for the tip about Coral Baja!

Yes, we would love to go to Fiji and Australia. I've also been looking at the RCI locations. We need to figure out how many credits we are likely to use in an average year so we can see how many we might want to offer for rent.

The credits arrived in our account with a range of expiration dates (summer 2020, summer 2021), which I presume indicates that there were some left over from previous years. We used the ones with a July 2020 expiration date for a week in New Braunfels where we are right now! But I'm confused, some of them are called "Vacation Credits" and some are "Assigned Vacation Credits." Maybe this has to do with the combine process, I'm not sure.

Thanks also for the comment about Personal Choice. My inlaws used this once to buy our family plane tickets but I can't find information on how it works. But from what I can read on these posts, it sounds like the math just does not work out.

Jane

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:05 pm   

Hello all!

Barbie and Shawn here. We just acquired a couple of resale accounts on ebay. For those interested the transaction closed in right at 30 days which I understand is much faster than it was taking in the past. Things went mostly well except they actually transferred our membership with the diamond status of the previous owner along with their Travelshare privileges but we were not really interested in Travel Share or the associated fees so we're in the process of getting that fixed.

Our introduction to WorldMark was renting at West Yellowstone a couple of times over the past few years (we went over the 4th of July this year). West Yellowstone has a great fireworks show if any of you happen to be there during that time. We live in Colorado and have already booked upcoming stays at Granby, Estes and Steamboat before the end of the year. We also tried to book West Yellowstone for next summer but clearly that will take a miracle and we'll have to get on the waitlist early next time. We're also planning a trip to Depoe Bay for next summer. I've actually already rented points from someone on this board to refill my account. So we're planning on getting great use out of our ownership and I've been tickled to be able to book even Thanksgiving week for this year on such short notice.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jul 2020 5:06 am   

scanaday wrote:
Hello all!

Barbie and Shawn here. We just acquired a couple of resale accounts on ebay. For those interested the transaction closed in right at 30 days which I understand is much faster than it was taking in the past. Things went mostly well except they actually transferred our membership with the diamond status of the previous owner along with their Travelshare privileges but we were not really interested in Travel Share or the associated fees so we're in the process of getting that fixed.

Our introduction to WorldMark was renting at West Yellowstone a couple of times over the past few years (we went over the 4th of July this year). West Yellowstone has a great fireworks show if any of you happen to be there during that time. We live in Colorado and have already booked upcoming stays at Granby, Estes and Steamboat before the end of the year. We also tried to book West Yellowstone for next summer but clearly that will take a miracle and we'll have to get on the waitlist early next time. We're also planning a trip to Depoe Bay for next summer. I've actually already rented points from someone on this board to refill my account. So we're planning on getting great use out of our ownership and I've been tickled to be able to book even Thanksgiving week for this year on such short notice.

Cheers!

It is easier to get West Yellowstone if you can go after September 1 but before the snow starts. But even then you want to be online at 6am 13 months to the day. Most of the summer weeks are taken by Megarenters that use a variety of techniques to monopolize them to include using multiple of accounts. Oregon coast resorts are hard to Book during the summer. Do not ignore Long Beach WA. It is only about 20 to 25 minutes north of Astoria.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:11 am   

Thanks for the tips! We have kids in the house so having to travel around the school schedule for now but will have more flexibility in a couple of years and then perhaps we'll have better luck with Yellowstone.

geist1223 wrote:
scanaday wrote:
Hello all!

Cheers!

It is easier to get West Yellowstone if you can go after September 1 but before the snow starts. But even then you want to be online at 6am 13 months to the day. Most of the summer weeks are taken by Megarenters that use a variety of techniques to monopolize them to include using multiple of accounts. Oregon coast resorts are hard to Book during the summer. Do not ignore Long Beach WA. It is only about 20 to 25 minutes north of Astoria.

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jul 2020 8:39 am   

Grandekj:

Assigned Credits are those which have been transferred from one account to another. It may be the result of the combine process.
It can also occur when one owner rents credits from another owner.

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jul 2020 8:42 am   

Welcome scanaday:
I'm delighted you found WMOwners!

Don't write off West Yellowstone because you missed the day to reserve. Select a week, put it on a wait list. As other owners cancel, you start to build up your reservation, one or two days at a time. You have 11 months til next July - many owners will have their plans change by then.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep 2020 7:19 pm   

Hello from Spokane Washington!

We're 8+ years from retirement and have two married adult kids and 1 grandchild. We hope to do road trips to Oregon and Western Washington.

We recently purchased a small 6000 account. We hope to travel with the kids off season every other year with points and leverage bonus time, fax and inventory special when we can.

I'm reading your great posts and hope to add to our membership as we slide into retirement!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep 2020 8:33 pm   

welcome. this site is a must to learn all about WM. I'm a tri-citian and could give you a good contact in Spookaloo.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep 2020 6:59 am   

Welcome Mike and Traci!
Pre-COVID-19 I would have said that you have a great plan for your membership, now it sounds good....new rules will make road trips a little trickier.
Ask questions, for advice on anything....people here have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and are willing to share!

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep 2020 3:09 pm   

Hello from sunny (and recently snowy) Colorado! I started this post as a reply to another thread and figured it would be more appropriate to place my inaugural post here as an introduction.

I joined early this year and have gained so much useful knowledge from so many kind people with whom I have never spoken or written. Those of you who actively answer newbie questions and help others with rescission are such great souls. Though I have never asked a single question I have gotten all of my answers from here and/or TUG. Finally ready to make my first post and pass along some info.

My recent journey into TS started in Las Vegas by attending a presentation at Sapphire Resorts Jockey Club. Basically was sold a triennial (once every three years!) points plan with HEAVY emphasis on RCI last call. The offer appeared to be for about $6k, however when financed, the immediate total tops $10k for an "asset" whose value instantly vaporizes. In my opinion you should run, do not walk, away from here if you find yourself in Vegas. I rescinded immediately after returning home and, funny thing is I was sold on the concept of timeshare, just not the garbage I was sold. I vowed to get into the best program I could find and this quest led me to wmowners.com.

I have read so, so many nightmares about Wyndham sales...New WM owner here with two resale accounts purchased on eBay January 2020 and both transfers completed April 2020. With my luck, they came just in time for Covid travel.....

I would like to give credit where credit is due. I purchased from two different brokers through eBay auctions and both went smoothly. Timeshare Cures based out of Branson, MO and The Timeshare Group, LLC from Ocoee, FL were very responsive and I would be happy to work with again.

This may sound odd (maybe impossible to some) but I have actually never attended a WM/Wyndham presentation. Lucky me, huh?!
Before purchase, my initial experience with WM/Wyndham was at Daytona Ocean Walk (always walked quickly past sales office for years, lol!) for many 4-5 night Summer stays with family and also at WM Steamboat Springs last Fall for a weekend with friends. Steamboat also most certainly has a sales office which I plan to avoid during ski trip reserved for December. Maybe unplug the phone as has been suggested on multiple other posts!

On a positive note, both of my recent WM stays - at Estes Park in July and Granby in August involved zero sales and excellent rooms.
From my research, these resorts only have about 60-64 units each, which may explain lack of sales.
Both trips were fantastic and reaffirmed my opinion on WM being the best, most flexible vacation option for my family. Even though, based on the comments of others and recent actions, I do realize Wyndham has been actively eroding the benefits.

All of my whopping 4 proxy votes have been assigned to WM OWNERS and I encourage the same from other owners.

The time you spend educating others and your patience with us newbies is much appreciated. I look forward to many years of wonderful vacations and possibly crossing some paths along the way.

Thank you all!

Looking forward to visiting more WM resorts:
Pagosa Springs in October
Steamboat Springs for ski trip in December
San Diego Inn at the Park for Spring Break, March 2021
Estes Park again in 3 bedroom, Summer 2021
Assign your proxy to -
WM OWNERS, INC.
phone: 920-349-6060
email: wmproxies@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:19 am   

Welcome Tom!
It sounds like you will be one of the fortunate ones, people who learn how to use their timeshare.
You also seem to be a thinker, congratulations on realizing your brief purchase in Vegas needed to stay in Vegas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next