Personal photo galleries - share yours!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 23 Feb 2006 11:10 pm   

"I have actually lost weight since that picture and am a smaller guy now."

Your poor wife. :bigcry: :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar 2006 6:59 am   

Cheryl wrote:
OK, I posted a few India pictures in the Photo Album Section -- or click on this link: http://www.wmowners.com/forum/album.php?user_id=1544

Thanks Cheryl! Those are some beautiful pictures!

Nena, I am from South India and these are from the North. I have never visited the Northern part of India, so it is great to see these pics!

Cheers!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar 2006 1:13 pm   

Thanks Cheryl for sharing those pictures. Looking at the pictures of the Taj Mahal (please excuse my spelling) just leaves me speechless.

Caroline

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar 2006 11:54 pm   

kapish wrote:
I am from South India and these are from the North. I have never visited the Northern part of India, so it is great to see these pics!

Where are you from? The farthest south we got was Bangalore and Mysore. (My husband has family living in Hosur.) I have some pictures from the Maharajah's Palace in Mysore, but of course the most interesting part of that is inside where you're not allowed to take pictures. We just had three weeks in India, but we covered a lot of territory.

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar 2006 6:16 am   

I am from the state of Kerala in the South Western corner of India. Here is what I wrote in my WMOwners 'Featured Owner' article erlier:

"We make a point to go to India every few years to visit family and friends. As far as I know, the most peaceful place in this world is the little village in South India I grew up in. I yearn to go spend a few months just living the life of a villager where the river is always flowing, the mango trees are blooming and the landscape is always lush! Waking up to the sounds of the monsoon, sitting on the verandah watching school kids walking with their colorful umbrellas and even more beautiful dresses, while sipping a cup of piping hot home made coffee (with palm sugar added!): pure heaven!"

Kerala is fast becoming a world class tourist destination. Best to visit before it becomes that ;)

Some of the major tourist attractions include white sandy beaches, warm water of the Arabian Sea, houseboat trips on the backwaters, Ayurvedic (Indian traditional medicine/life science) Massage, a stay at the hill stations and the tea plantations etc.

Most of the people speak English and they don't have animosity against westerners. Another big reason is, your American dollar goes a long way!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar 2006 11:17 am   

kapish wrote:
I am from the state of Kerala in the South Western corner of India. Here is what I wrote in my WMOwners 'Featured Owner' article erlier:

"We make a point to go to India every few years to visit family and friends. As far as I know, the most peaceful place in this world is the little village in South India I grew up in. I yearn to go spend a few months just living the life of a villager where the river is always flowing, the mango trees are blooming and the landscape is always lush! Waking up to the sounds of the monsoon, sitting on the verandah watching school kids walking with their colorful umbrellas and even more beautiful dresses, while sipping a cup of piping hot home made coffee (with palm sugar added!): pure heaven!"

Kerala is fast becoming a world class tourist destination. Best to visit before it becomes that ;)

Some of the major tourist attractions include white sandy beaches, warm water of the Arabian Sea, houseboat trips on the backwaters, Ayurvedic (Indian traditional medicine/life science) Massage, a stay at the hill stations and the tea plantations etc.

Most of the people speak English and they don't have animosity against westerners. Another big reason is, your American dollar goes a long way!

Sounds like a good place for WM/TW!

"Walls turned sideways are bridges" Angela Davis

WM: Big Bear 2x, Kihei, Coral Baja, La Paloma 2x, Pismo Beach 2x, Las Vegas 2x, Oceanside, Marina Dunes 2x, Fiji, Solvang, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
II: Aruba, New Orleans 3x, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Kauai 2x, Sedona, Paris France

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar 2006 1:33 pm   

What are airfare prices?

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar 2006 2:06 pm   

Airfare could be anywhere from $900 to $1500. Remember it is exactly on the other side of the globe! :)

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr 2006 8:38 pm   

kapish wrote:
Airfare could be anywhere from $900 to $1500. Remember it is exactly on the other side of the globe! :)

I thought with the price of airfare to Fiji that it was on the other side of the globe? :shock:

I'll get to Fiji one of these years. I've been working on my swimming. :D

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr 2006 8:53 pm   

DenMar wrote:
kapish wrote:

I thought with the price of airfare to Fiji that it was on the other side of the globe? :shock:

Great idea for you Dennis - I like the sound of that. =D> Go for it, and remember we'll all be pullin' for ya all the way, while back here at warm, dry WMO.
Mmmmm....call us when you get there, so we'll know you made it ok.... :asleep:

:D

Indio, Oceanside, Midway, Clear Lake, Birch Bay, Gleneden, Schooner's Landing, Seaside, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Coral Baha, Discovery Bay, Mariner Village, Leavenworth, Sundance, Kihei, Rancho Vistoso, Arrow Point, Lake Chelan, The Canadian, The Roosevelt, Surfside, Depoe Bay, Cascade Lodge, The Camlin, Victoria, Royal Kuhio (RCI) Puerto Vallarta-Canto del Sol, Whistler-Twin Peaks, Mazatlan-El Cid.
(II) Orlando-Horizons by Marriott, Palm Desert-Marriott's Shadow Ridge

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr 2006 10:02 pm   

Lacobra42 wrote:
DenMar wrote:
kapish wrote:

Great idea for you Dennis - I like the sound of that. =D> Go for it, and remember, we'll all be pullin' for ya here at warm, dry WMO.
Mmmmm....call us when you get there, so we'll know you made it ok.... :asleep:

:D

Boy, I just feel like breaking out in song. "...can't you feel the love, tonight..." [-(

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not really trying to improve my swimming that much. :oops:
Just like in the rest of our marriage, I planned on riding on my brides coat tails so to speak. She is an accomplished swimmer and I swim like a 2 legged dog. :D

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Mon 03 Apr 2006 5:41 pm   

DenMar wrote:
....... and I swim like a 2 legged dog. :D

Well Dennis, I bet you will be dog paddling quite fast and extremely well when those Sharks start zeroing in on you. You are bound to encouter a few on your swim to Fiji.

Ken :lol:

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Mon 03 Apr 2006 8:52 pm   

allenke wrote:
DenMar wrote:
....... and I swim like a 2 legged dog. :D

Well Dennis, I bet you will be dog paddling quite fast and extremely well when those Sharks start zeroing in on you. You are bound to encouter a few on your swim to Fiji.

Ken :lol:

You see now, Ken. Sharks I can handle. =;

I deal with both Nena and Doug on this 4M. :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue 04 Apr 2006 5:49 am   

Hi Sue! What a beautiful picture! A picture of the Depoe Bay resort like none we have seen before! :)
[albumimg]302[/albumimg] <------ click on the thumbnail to see a larger image!

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue 04 Apr 2006 7:09 am   

I just watched the first one featuring Kerala, South India. For those of us who subscribe to HDTV, this show is shown in HD (without commercials) on HDNet! It really captures the beauty and serenity of Kerala- "God's Own Country!"

Jeremy Piven's Journey of a Lifetime: Southern India

Part 1 of two chronicling of Jeremy Piven's trip to India, which begins in Bombay, where he finds pockets of spirituality and compassion in the bustling city. (After Bombay he travels to Kerala, South India where he practices Yoga, spends time on a houseboat on the backwaters, attends a performance of an ancient dance form called "Kathakali".)

60 minutes- TV-PG, 2006, HDTV, New

Mon Apr 3 09:00P on Travel Channel
Tue Apr 4 12:00A on Travel Channel
Thu Apr 6 08:00P on Travel Channel
Thu Apr 6 11:00P on Travel Channel
Sat Apr 8 06:00P on Travel Channel
Thu Apr 13 09:00P on Travel Channel
Fri Apr 14 12:00A on Travel Channel

Jeremy Piven's Journey of a Lifetime: Northern India

The conclusion of Piven's trip to India includes a tour of Delhi with actress Padma Lakshmi. Also: a Hindu candle ceremony at the Ganges River. 60 minutes- TV-PG, 2006, New

Mon Apr 10 09:00P on Travel Channel
Tue Apr 11 12:00A on Travel Channel
Thu Apr 13 10:00P on Travel Channel
Fri Apr 14 01:00A on Travel Channel
Sat Apr 15 06:00P on Travel Channel

Profile WWW YIM