Register
It is currently Wed 20 Jan 2021 8:46 am

COVID 19 - A SHAM????

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:46 pm   

When the U.S. wanted to close the border between Canada and the U.S., Canada protested. Now Canada wants to close the border to the U.S.. The virus caught most everyone by surprise. The same people protesting against lockdown are now saying we didn't lockdown soon enough. This is something that hasn't happened in any of our lifetimes. This is uncharted territory all of us.

It took China 8 months to essentially eliminate SARS. Vietnam currently has zero covid deaths. America and Canada are not willing to do what China and Vietnam did to achieve that. We are not at the 8 month mark yet, so we are doing pretty good.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:20 pm   

Sifting through the frustration, I think what Hope is saying, it's time to move on with our lives. I agree. I don't think Hope is saying that let people die so she can go on vacation. We have been ruled and controlled by fear, fear of the unknown, but much more is known today than back 2 months ago. When we cross the street, drive a car, fill up our tank with gas, fly in a plane, we should have fear, but we adapt.

My wife, who is a nurse who worked in a Covid unit at her hospital, says we should "proceed with caution and diligence". We are planning vacations.

The virus is probably not as bad as some of us think, but we are probably not there yet to fully go back to normal. I don't believe that the "new normal" is going to last very long, based on the previous SARS outbreak and recent research.

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:15 pm   

During WWII every american was fully behind defeating our common enemy. Since then everything has become political. Statues of Abraham Lincoln are now political? So no surprise that a world wide pandemic is a sore spot. Any chance to paint your political party as the wise one and the other party as mistake ridden will be taken. That is what has become of our wonderful country.
All of the statistics mentioned in this thread could be easily debunked by someone with different facts. I have my facts and opinions that I won't share here because really it won't change anyone's mind. Again, another sad fact about our political climate today. :(

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:01 pm   

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:46 pm   

atom wrote:
When the U.S. wanted to close the border between Canada and the U.S., Canada protested. Now Canada wants to close the border to the U.S.. The virus caught most everyone by surprise. The same people protesting against lockdown are now saying we didn't lockdown soon enough. This is something that hasn't happened in any of our lifetimes. This is uncharted territory all of us.

It took China 8 months to essentially eliminate SARS. Vietnam currently has zero covid deaths. America and Canada are not willing to do what China and Vietnam did to achieve that. We are not at the 8 month mark yet, so we are doing pretty good.

ALL Canadian borders have been closed, except for non-essential traffic, since about March 18th. It was a decision made by the President and Prime Minister for every border. Each Canadian Province is now being cared for by Health ministers and Health Doctors. They will make the decisions with the individual Governers.

Anybody coming into BC will have to self-isolate for 14 days at this timing, with a written plan of how they will get their food and other needed things during this isolation. Has been in place since early March. Any Canadians also expected to self isolate when visiting another Province.

I can speak for a person who died in a care facility. She had no family visits for over 3 months. When she passed away only one son was able to sit with her. I have recently seen our grand children....first time after six months.

We are very grateful to the US truck drivers who bring in lots of things needed in Canada.

This is NOT a sham, country against country, or one Worldmark owner against another.
This is today's truths..

"""
“I spoke to President Donald Trump this morning and we have agreed that both Canada and the United States will temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the border,” Trudeau told reporters Wednesday.
""""

Last edited by herindoors on Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:28 pm   

Thank you, Anthony. Your post reflects my thoughts. Hope is frustrated at the heavy hand some officials have had, and the delays in letting small businesses open up. Business owners know that they need to cater to customers. They will be most willing to adapt their practices to ensure employee and customer safety.

We have learned to wash hands frequently, use sanitizer, stay away from others, and wear masks. And we know the symptoms, so we can stay isolated at home. We didn't know any of this in Dec/Jan/Feb. But now we've had Mar/Apr/May/June to learn.

I saw this article posted on TUG, and found it interesting. I realize it won't change anyone's mind. ;)
https://www.conservativereview.com/news ... e-florida/

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:15 pm   

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Ann.

I do wish that the title of the thread had been different, as people may react to the title rather than to treat the subject with thoughtful discourse.

It is indeed very sad that so many people in nursing homes died.

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:41 pm   

javanite wrote:
Thank you, Anthony. Your post reflects my thoughts. Hope is frustrated at the heavy hand some officials have had, and the delays in letting small businesses open up. Business owners know that they need to cater to customers. They will be most willing to adapt their practices to ensure employee and customer safety.

We have learned to wash hands frequently, use sanitizer, stay away from others, and wear masks. And we know the symptoms, so we can stay isolated at home. We didn't know any of this in Dec/Jan/Feb. But now we've had Mar/Apr/May/June to learn.

I saw this article posted on TUG, and found it interesting. I realize it won't change anyone's mind. ;)
https://www.conservativereview.com/news ... e-florida/

Good article maria, thanks for sharing.

Of course there will be a lot less deaths in Florida then NY or Michigan, Florida's Governor isn't forcing senior housing to take in Covid patients. :roll:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa