Register
It is currently Wed 20 Jan 2021 9:15 am

SoCal earthquake swarm

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jul 2019 7:35 pm   

Yesterday near Ridgecrest there were quite a number of quakes, the largest 6.4. About 10 minutes ago there was a 6.9 in the same area. It was preceded by a 5.0 about 3 1/2 minutes before. There has been a 4.7 aftershock so far.

http://scedc.caltech.edu/recent/Maps/117-36.html

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jul 2019 11:31 pm   

Initially reported as 7.1, downgraded to 6.9, now back up to 7.1 according to the USGS.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jul 2019 6:41 am   

Hi Lynn:
I hope all is well.

We haven't felt any of them in Oceanside / San Marcos. My friend in Northridge felt the one last night.

TravelTracy - I believe these are near your home?

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jul 2019 9:05 am   

We felt the 6.4 on Thursday morning, but felt the 7.1 a lot more and longer last night. There has been so little damage near the epicenter that it's kind of surprising.

Glad you didn't feel it. Me, I'm not a big fan of earthquakes.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jul 2019 9:19 am   

Felt both the 6.4 and the 7.1 here in Vegas. The first one was such a surprise. The second one lasted a very long time. The epicenter is very close to the Cali-Nev border, 144 miles to the epicenter from Vegas. Good times. :shock:

P.S. Did get a kick out of watching the pool rock and roll. :D

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jul 2019 9:38 am   

Wow! I wasn't sure how far into Nevada it would be felt.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jul 2019 8:17 pm   

We were at Los Angeles Union Station during the first quake. Terry was sitting inside the station about 10:45am (July 4) waiting for our train to San Diego. She felt the quake & observed the huge chandeliers swinging significantly from the ceiling. Meanwhile, I was walking with our two granddaughters around the grounds outside of the station. We did not feel anything while walking outside the station. When we returned inside about 10 minutes after the quake, the chandeliers were still swaying.

We are at WM Mission Valley for a few days. Last evening (July 5) our unit was bounced around for 15 seconds or so. We have some big elephants on the floor above...so that could have been the cause. :-k

Maybe another one tomorrow? I guess we just roll with the punches, so to speak. :shock: :D

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019 6:13 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
We were at Los Angeles Union Station during the first quake. Terry was sitting inside the station about 10:45am (July 4) waiting for our train to San Diego. She felt the quake & observed the huge chandeliers swinging significantly from the ceiling. Meanwhile, I was walking with our two granddaughters around the grounds outside of the station. We did not feel anything while walking outside the station. When we returned inside about 10 minutes after the quake, the chandeliers were still swaying.

We are at WM Mission Valley for a few days. Last evening (July 5) our unit was bounced around for 15 seconds or so. We have some big elephants on the floor above...so that could have been the cause. :-k

Maybe another one tomorrow? I guess we just roll with the punches, so to speak. :shock: :D

Hey!?!? I was no where near Mission valley! :oops:

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:21 pm   

It sloshed the water in the pools here in Arizona, but I didn't actually feel anything.
The news showed a seismograph from New York that registered California's rocking and rolling.

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.