It is currently Sat 16 Jan 2021 3:00 pm

Gary doesn't like Facebook

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu 11 Apr 2019 7:45 pm   

herindoors wrote:
Thoughts?
Get rid of facebook...now.

I & many family members have deleted our "fakebook" accounts over the past year. We are sick of the endless supply of disinformation.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:51 am   

:!:

Last edited by herindoors on Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:18 am   

herindoors wrote:
TahoeGary wrote:
herindoors wrote:
Thoughts?

I & many family members have deleted our "fakebook" accounts over the past year. We are sick of the endless supply of disinformation.

Gary...do you realize how many owners I send here because of FB? Do you realize how many owners there get informed and vote for our independent? Do you realize that I have lots of family in Europe and FB is an excellent way to find out what they are doing, when they send photos? One of our nieces is a champion cyclist and I see videos live?
Do you realize your post is bossy and condescending? I Don't do either of those.
Of course not everything on facebook is "fake news". However, facebook is so deficient that the deficiencies outweigh the benefits, my opinion. Here is only one recent example.

I don't want to highjack this thread, so I won't post any more on the subject.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:46 am   

TahoeGary wrote:
herindoors wrote:
TahoeGary wrote:

Gary...do you realize how many owners I send here because of FB? Do you realize how many owners there get informed and vote for our independent? Do you realize that I have lots of family in Europe and FB is an excellent way to find out what they are doing, when they send photos? One of our nieces is a champion cyclist and I see videos live?
Do you realize your post is bossy and condescending? I Don't do either of those.
Of course not everything on facebook is "fake news". However, facebook is so deficient that the deficiencies outweigh the benefits, my opinion. Here is only one recent example.

I don't want to highjack this thread, so I won't post any more on the subject.

O

Last edited by herindoors on Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:58 am   

Personal observations dont need to be made just because of disagreement with Gary's opinion about FB.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:01 pm   

:?

Last edited by herindoors on Sun 21 Apr 2019 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:17 pm   

Ok - enough is enough.

This is not about "men vs women".

IT IS ABOUT YOU. AND YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELF!

You repeatedly over the years get into these dust-ups with other people - and the one common thread - is your involvement and passive aggressive attitude.

Then when you are called out on your poor behaviour - you play the victim card. It is either bullying, or now men vs woman. And those are not the problem - you are.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:34 pm   

TahoeGary wrote:
herindoors wrote:
Thoughts?

Plus Facebook is still overly generous is sharing your information.

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:36 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
Ok - enough is enough.

This is not about "men vs women".

IT IS ABOUT YOU. AND YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELF!

You repeatedly over the years get into these dust-ups with other people - and the one common thread - is your involvement and passive aggressive attitude.

Then when you are called out on your poor behaviour - you play the victim card. It is either bullying, or now men vs woman. And those are not the problem - you are.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 2:13 pm   

Z