Register
It is currently Wed 20 Jan 2021 7:26 am

Vancouver/canada... marijuana

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018 1:21 pm   

As many of you will know, Canada legalized Cannabis last week.

Keep in mind, it can not be taken across the border in any direction and the rules differ from Province to Province.

Gummies and edibles are not yet legal.

Police will be cracking down heavily on impaired drivers who are under the influence.

The regular smoking rules in Vancouver are quiet fierce. If you need to use MJ, ensure you know those smoking rules.

The Canadian Government will be making a profit. :lol:

And no...I am not an MJ smoker. Hate smoke of any kind.

Saw a funny park sign near Main and Broadway yesterday. The park is called "Dude Chilling Park". Been in that area since 2013. :lol: Truth.

Last edited by herindoors on Tue 23 Oct 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018 1:33 pm   

I went through Canada customs yesterday, and one of the questions on the machine was "are you in possession of any cannabis" which wasn't there before. I thought that was interesting, as it makes it seem like they care more about stopping cannabis from entering the country now that it is legal to buy it here.

There have been some interesting side affects. I own a rental condo in a major commercial area in Calgary. I have received probably 10 notices of appeals from the development board in the last 2-3 months, which go to every property owner within a certain radius, so you have the option to appear/speak. Both appeals against a license to sell cannabis being granted and appeals against a license being denied.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018 3:32 pm   

There are many Cannabis stores in the Vancouver area. Your enquiry for licensing will be interesting. Seems all the illegal locations here are subject to a $100,000 fine if they still sell. Considering there are currently only two legal stores in the whole of Canada, there might be a bonanza of $100,000 profit for each unofficial site.

The photo below made me laugh for five minutes. (No puns intended, as I know MJ can make people giggle). There were some "dudes" smoking as we passed by.

Attachments:
IMG_2196.JPG
IMG_2196.JPG [ 45.37 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018 4:00 pm   

herindoors wrote:

Keep in mind, it can not be taken across the border in any direction and the rules differ from Province to Province.

Gummies and edibles are not yet legal. Give it time.

Police will be cracking down heavily on impaired drivers who are under the influence. That's what they said in Wash., Colo., and Nev. also. :roll:

The regular smoking rules in Vancouver are quiet fierce. If you need to use MJ, ensure you know those smoking rules.

The Canadian Government will be making a profit. :lol: At the cost of people loosing their lives and others being wrecked from this destructive drug.

Saw a funny park sign near Main and Broadway yesterday. The park is called "Dude Chilling Park". Been in that area since 2013. :lol: Truth.

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018 5:13 pm   

DenMar wrote:
herindoors wrote:

Gummies and edibles are not yet legal. Give it time.

Police will be cracking down heavily on impaired drivers who are under the influence. That's what they said in Wash., Colo., and Nev. also. :roll:

The Canadian Government will be making a profit. :lol: At the cost of people loosing their lives and others being wrecked from this destructive drug.

Edibles will be legalized next year.

This "drug", also has lots of medical healing powers. Many people are benefitting from it without the "high".

I've honestly never heard of anyone dying from using Marijuana. Government intervention will, I hope, keep users safe.... The Opiod situation rests in the hands of doctors, many of whom over prescribed and didn't care about their patients. Fentanyl is an opiod disaster, not MJ.

My post was to enlighten what MJ rules are for travellers to Canada. We have many dying from fentanyl here too, but also have emergency teams on the ready to to inject life saving antidotes.

I won't comment on your incorrect views again.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018 6:19 pm   

herindoors wrote:
I've honestly never heard of anyone dying from using Marijuana. Government intervention will, I hope, keep users safe....

People have died from their actions when suffering from marijuana intoxication.

But their numbers are dwarfed by the numbers who have died from the consequences of alcohol consumption. I dont see Dennis railing against those consequences or advocating the ban of alcohol.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018 7:47 pm   

A documentary about Eric Clapton has a very definitive part about alcohol and drugs. It is on a Vimeo video at 1:56 to 2:00 - do a search for "eric clapton movie life in 12 bars" and click on the 2:13.51 movie. We caught this movie last February when I went through the channels at NCV when snow birding last February.

It identifies the most dangerous drug from his perspective.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018 10:31 pm   

Let me guess... it's timesharing with Wyndham.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2018 7:22 am   

Preaching to the choir Eric, preaching to the choir. :D

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2018 11:29 am   

ecwinch wrote:
Let me guess... it's timesharing with Wyndham.

Close Eric, but no cigar. But then being addicted to buying more retail points at the "updates" may be worse than most, but that can only kill you financially.

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2018 1:14 pm   

True that alcohol has claimed more lives from effect than weed but there is a enormous difference in the use of.
Working in the construction field all my life, where drugs and alcohol use is generally heavy, I have witnessed first hand of the effects both have on people. I can say without a doubt that weed has a different, longer, and more permanent adverse effect on users as compared to alcohol.

I do however believe there is a place in the medical field for the oils of cannabis.

As I write this I am smelling the disgusting smell of the plants my neighbor has growing in his garage. The cops or his landlord will do nothing about it even though he's well outside the boundaries of law(i've tried, but's it's Oregon) so all I can hope for is that he soon goes back to prison for like the 12th time.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2018 4:49 pm   

benh7777 wrote:
True that alcohol has claimed more lives from effect than weed but there is a enormous difference in the use of.
Working in the construction field all my life, where drugs and alcohol use is generally heavy, I have witnessed first hand of the effects both have on people. I can say without a doubt that weed has a different, longer, and more permanent adverse effect on users as compared to alcohol.

I do however believe there is a place in the medical field for the oils of cannabis.

As I write this I am smelling the disgusting smell of the plants my neighbor has growing in his garage. The cops or his landlord will do nothing about it even though he's well outside the boundaries of law(i've tried, but's it's Oregon) so all I can hope for is that he soon goes back to prison for like the 12th time.

Can you clarify the adverse effect you see?

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2018 9:07 am   

Also be aware that you may be arrested if you smoke in a cannabis legal country and travel to non legal country. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 98031.html

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Estancia, Indio, Las Vegas Spencer, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), San Francisco, Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (3) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (2), Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(4), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Northstar Lodge(6) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts North and South RCI: DVC Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2018 5:50 pm   

Lack of awareness and focus, forgetfulness, clumsiness, laziness, careless to name a few.

And yes alcohol consumption has the exact same effects and these may become habitual with heavy use but these go away when sober. Marijuana on the other hand, these characteristics tend to stick and become worse with regular use even after the buzz or high is over. And for a lot of people leads to other drug use. I've had 2 former employees that started "recreational" use marijuana and turned into full blown meth addicts, one's now dead don't know what ever happened to the other.
I will never hire a marijuana user on my construction crew, not only is their safety in danger but it puts the safety of my other guys in danger. They're just too unpredictable. That being said, if an employee shows up with an alcohol hangover they get the day off and if becomes recurrent they will be looking for another job.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2018 6:13 pm   

Thanks. Is this a generalization, though?

There is lots of construction here in Vancouver...small houses being knocked down in whole blocks and Condos going in.

Last edited by herindoors on Thu 25 Oct 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.