Register
It is currently Wed 27 Jan 2021 8:32 pm

3rd year credit expiration related to covid lockdown

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:07 pm   

i'm not seeing anything on the w/m website about extending expiration dates because of the new lockdowns - in march they did make accommodations because of the lockdown - i did notice that w/m is not accepting any reservations for out of state residents at CA resorts until the lockdown is lifted - lifting the lockdown may not occur for a number of months given the criteria for it's lifting - specifically, i have a bunch of credits that have the 3rd year expiration on 1/31/2021 - it seems unfair to lose the credits as a result of government action - and frankly, since all this covid stuff started i have not felt safe in taking my family on a vacation anywhere -- we are dug in until we can get the vaccine -- and i know i am not alone in feeling this way -- additionally even if someone did go on vacation at w/m none of the local service would be available - they are under a lockdown order also

PostPosted: Mon 21 Dec 2020 7:02 pm   

Call in and ask. There have been other similar questions. As you noted, there has been nothing announced, but it may be something that is being handled on an individual basis. Call in and ask if you can get a year extension on those credits. then report back.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs, Welk Northstar. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit, Crestwood, Surfside, Marriotts Summit Watch.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jan 2021 2:04 pm   

sorry for the delay -- w/m takes the position that u can put the credits in rci for an additional 2 years so you shouldn't have any problem using them

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jan 2021 3:48 pm   

overthere wrote:
sorry for the delay -- w/m takes the position that u can put the credits in rci for an additional 2 years so you shouldn't have any problem using them

Are they going to pay the yearly dues to RCI the RCI Exchange Fees?

Las Vegas-Boulevard, Victoria, Seaside, Windsor, Clear Lake, Running Y, Coral Baja, Kona, Kihei, Tropicana, Oceanside, Sydney, Daytona Beach, Coffs Harbour, Gleneden, Canadian, Fiji, Rotorua, Kapa'a Shore, Mission Valley, Camlin, Arrow Point, West Yellowstone, New Orleans, Park City, St. George, Seven Mile Beach, Long Beach, Reno, Discovery Bay. Spencer Street, Leavenworth, Melbourne.
Residence Club - Seaside. Royal Solaris. DRI. Formerly RVC.
II - Newport Coast.
RCI - Fitzpatrick Family Castle, Bali Hai, Dyserth Falls Resort, Haven Court, DVC Old Key West, DVC Saratoga, Sea Mist Resort Cape Cod, Point at Poipu, Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club Fife, Club Paihia, Grand Mayan Cabo, Ka'Eo Kai.
RVC - Cabo, Cancun.
DRI - Le Manoir Des Deux Amants France, Royal Regency France, Paniolo Greens, Sea Mountain, Point at Poipu, KBC, Hono Koa, Orleans at 519 Frenchmen Street, Cabo Azul, Modern Honolulu.
Newly planned and Reserved:

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jan 2021 12:04 pm   

overthere wrote:

Wyndham takes the position that this is OUR problem, not theirs. Whether you use your credits or not means absolutely nothing to them. THEY GET PAID REGARDLESS! They have continued to collect our money for services NOT rendered, or, according to the reports on this site, rendered very badly. Despite the closures and cuts to services and usage options they have RAISED the maintenance fees yet again. Every action they have taken during this pandemic that was not mandated by law has been for the benefit of Wyndham at the expense of the WorldMark membership. I'll bet the hotel side of the business hasn't seen the cuts that we have because there the customer can hit back.

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jan 2021 8:34 am   

And having WMOwners pay more fees to RCI benefits Wyndham.

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan 2021 2:33 pm   

update -- the other day w/m sent me a notice saying they would cancel my end of jan reservation at indio because of the CA stay at home order -- there was no mention of what would happen to the credits that have their 3rd year expiration date coming on jan 31, 2021 - it was either take a trip I had no interest in or have the credits roll-over into RCI and deal with all the extra trouble and expense of that situation -- however - in checking my account today- friday - it appears that w/m canceled the indio trip and rolled the problem credits into a reservation I have for early march 2021 - 45 days out -- which solves the problem but it would have been more customer-friendly to have made this decision 30 days earlier - when the stay at home order was issued by CA

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jan 2021 11:45 am   

Sense WM has a bunch of resorts in CA I would guess there are a bunch of reservations that need to be dealt with, not just yours.

Anaheim, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Birch Bay, Branson, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Deer Harbor, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Eagle Crest, Kihei, Lake Chelan, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Long Beach, Mariner Village, Oceanside CA, Palm Springs,Phoeinx South Mountain Preserve, Rancho Vistoso, Reno, Royal Kuhio, Running Y, San Francisco, Seaside, Seattle Camlin, Solvang, Sundance at Whistler, The Canadian, Valley Isle, Windsor.