Register
It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 10:59 pm

GOOGLE MAP OF ALL WORLDMARK RESORTS

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2016 10:37 am   

DenMar wrote:
I guess that is why I am married so that I won't just run off and forget about everything else. 8)

I think that is what I was doing in the late 60s to mid-70s. I wasn't married, did a lot of running off and can't remember most of what happened during those years. I did become a very skilled bridge player though. :D

Purchased original resale points late in 2008 after I retired. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Too numerous to mention. We use most of our points for exchanges - something that is well worth spending some time learning.

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2016 7:15 pm   

LLW wrote:
I have to admit I don't know how to use this tool well - or at all, actually. :oops: Can somebody show the way?

Hi Louise, so I just book marked this google map. It does not look hard to use. The basics are: In the column to the left, click on the ^ symbol below the checked red box. That will drop down all the resorts listed per state, then just click on one of those resorts and the map to the right will zom in on that resort (the address will be listed on the left side column). You can zoom in further or out further by clicking the + or - sign on the lower left of the map. To move the map around/reposition the map, use both hands by clicking down and hold with your finger on your left hand on the track pad (lap top - is what I am using) and move the map around with your finger of your right hand by running it across/up and down the track pad. So that is the basics. Maybe someone else can add to this?

Ken

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016 11:42 pm   

allenke wrote:
LLW wrote:
I have to admit I don't know how to use this tool well - or at all, actually. :oops: Can somebody show the way?

Hi Louise, so I just book marked this google map. It does not look hard to use. The basics are: In the column to the left, click on the ^ symbol below the checked red box. That will drop down all the resorts listed per state, then just click on one of those resorts and the map to the right will zom in on that resort (the address will be listed on the left side column). You can zoom in further or out further by clicking the + or - sign on the lower left of the map. To move the map around/reposition the map, use both hands by clicking down and hold with your finger on your left hand on the track pad (lap top - is what I am using) and move the map around with your finger of your right hand by running it across/up and down the track pad. So that is the basics. Maybe someone else can add to this?

Ken

Thanks, Ken!! I hope others will chime in and share how they use this tool.

So functionally, can I use it for other than showing the locations of the resorts? For example, is there a way for me to put in my address, or look up the address of an airport, plug it in, and have the directions come out? I know that's what GPSs are for, but I always like a back-up, when you are hundreds or thousands of miles from home in a new place.

I used to use Google Map for back-up directions, but somehow it has changed to harder to use than before, for me anyway. #-o

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2016 10:07 pm   

LLW wrote:
allenke wrote:
LLW wrote:

Ken

Thanks, Ken!! I hope others will chime in and share how they use this tool.

So functionally, can I use it for other than showing the locations of the resorts? For example, is there a way for me to put in my address, or look up the address of an airport, plug it in, and have the directions come out? I know that's what GPSs are for, but I always like a back-up, when you are hundreds or thousands of miles from home in a new place.

I used to use Google Map for back-up directions, but somehow it has changed to harder to use than before, for me anyway. #-o

Louise, I have not figured out how to make this web site give me directions. It looks to be a custom map, so not sure it has that functionality. Maybe somebody else on this form might be able to answer this question?

Have stayed at too many to list. As of 11/14/14 we have had the opportunity to stay 233 times in our Worldmark units. We feel blessed!

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun 2016 4:34 pm   

Map Updated with new WM resort in Texas.

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/mf/

Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy seeing how this tool is being used.

Brian

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun 2016 7:58 pm   

Brian, thanks SO MUCH!

:D :D :D

Resorts visited: Kapaa Shores, Seaside, Gleneden, Depoe Bay, Longbeach, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Camlin, Yellowstone, Anaheim, Reno, Leavenworth, Victoria, Kihei, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Anaheim Dolphins Cove, Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, New Orleans, Daytona Beach, San Diego Balboa.
*Future WorldMark Reservations: Oceanside! Arrow Point!
*RCI trades: Hilton Grand Vacations Lagoon, Kalia, and Grand Waikiki Towers, Pono Kai, Maui Sunset, Eagle Crest, Ka'anapali Beach Club, Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Lawai Beach, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, DVC Old Key West, DVC Boardwalk, DVC Saratoga Springs.
*II trades: Westin Kaanapali, Maui Marriott, Marriott Ko'Olina, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Westin Nanea, Marriott Waiohai, Jockey Club, Villa Roma.

I SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT WM BOARD!!!

PostPosted: Sun 01 Oct 2017 2:51 pm   

Brian, do you have enough info to add Austin TX to the list? Thanks

WM=Kihei, Seaside, Gleneden, Mariner Village, Orlando, Ocean Walk, Lake Chelan, St George, Las Vegas, Birch Bay, Indio, Camlin, Leavenworth, Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Kapaa, Eagle Crest, Midway, McCall, Coral Baja, Cascade Lodge, Canadian, Elysian, Oceanside, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, Kona, Windsor, L.V. Spencer St, 7th Mtn, Reno, Havasu Dunes: other=Bay Club, Summit Watch, Grand Oasis, Marriott Kauai, Camelback resort, Paradise Beach Villas, Bavarro Princess, Club Cala de Palmas, Pend Oreille Shores, Copamarina Beach Resort, Whistler Town Plaza, Kona Coast, Wavecrest at Del Mar, Grand Mayan N.V., WYN Mauna Loa, Kings Land, Park Royal Ixtapa

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017 5:17 pm   

Updated map with new Texas and Pennsylvania WM resorts. Also added a Blue Marker for the future Portland, OR site now under construction.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 000002&z=4

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017 6:00 pm   

Thank you...

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov 2017 7:12 am   

Thank you, Brian! That's very nice!

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2018 2:10 pm   

You can add the new one in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:38 am   

Updated link to updated map with three new resorts added 4/15/19:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1-keCWLtysLDlqQIMMM-6g1lP70Lm30Ir&ll=22.346276037251602%2C-123.73822295000002&z=3

Please change the sticky to point to this new link.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:21 pm   

Brian:
That is very kind of you. I very much appreciate your efforts to keep this useful tool up to date.

I updated the link in your first post above.

Cheers,
Maria

PostPosted: Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:58 am   

tquayle wrote:
I think that is what I was doing in the late 60s to mid-70s. I wasn't married, did a lot of running off and can't remember most of what happened during those years. I did become a very skilled bridge player though. :D

I've heard that if you remember the 60's, then you really weren't there! :roll:

Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.

PostPosted: Sat 21 Nov 2020 10:24 am   

Thanks for Stanns for a new link:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 160982&z=5

stanns wrote:
It is true that the Resort Gallery uses Adobe Flash. Their solution? "Pick from the drop down list". I am a visual person and like to see where properties are at. I created a Google Map with all of the resorts on it. Current as of now, but if they add or delete and I am unaware it may become out of date. All are welcome to use the map, it is here:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 160982&z=5

Stann

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next